Name
    Jim

Programmers Pragrammers Programmers

The title says it all. How the heck do you pick?! This is on the "To Do" list but for the life of me I can't decide. I seem to be drawn to the touch screens. I really like the Edge CTS b/c of being able to hook up a back up camera at some point. What's your thoughts?
    2008 SCREW / Tint / 40 Series Flowmasters / Egg Shells under the Gas Pedal to save up for MODS!

Name
    Patrick
    I have an edge evolution and love it.
    2005 F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
    Salvage recovery
    Edge Programmer

2001 Ranger 4x4
    Salvage recovery
    A few mods

Name
    Jim
    What are you doing for a tune? I see allot of people just run canned tunes. What is your thought on getting a custom tune?
    2008 SCREW / Tint / 40 Series Flowmasters / Egg Shells under the Gas Pedal to save up for MODS!

Name
    Patrick
    Quote Originally Posted by jolayiv View Post
    What are you doing for a tune? I see allot of people just run canned tunes. What is your thought on getting a custom tune?
    The edge only comes with canned tunes but there is company out there (PHP) that will take your edge and install custom tune files in it. IMO custom tunes will always trump canned tunes, I had my ranger tuned custom but I have a few mods to that. For a stock truck Im happy with the canned tunes from my edge.
    2005 F-150 Supercrew Lariat 4x4
    Salvage recovery
    Edge Programmer

2001 Ranger 4x4
    Salvage recovery
    A few mods

Name
    Scott
    I have a SCT XCal2 and love mine but wouldnt mind the headsup display of the Edge. I cant complain. I have tunes from VMP Tunes
    2004 F150 Supercab Lariat 4x4
    5.4 3V Triton V8 | Oxford White/Arizona Beige | UltraGauge | Ford OEM 20'' Wheels | Nitto Terra Grapplers 265/75/20 | AutoSpring 2.5'' Leveling Kit |SuperChips 1714 Tuner
    Hella 500FF Fogs Custom Mounted Behind Grill | 09'+ Mirrors | 2010 F-150 Efans w/ DC Controls Controller

Name
    Russ
    I am running an SCT Xcal2 with an 87 Octane custom tune (ordered but not delivered yet)
    I chose the xcal because I have no need for a monitor in the cab to potentially distract my wife or myself while driving. I then chose the xcal over diablo simply based on price. I got a great deal on the xcal.

Senior Member 2004XLT5.4LTritonV84X4's Avatar
    Name
    Matt Straw
    I've been looking at the Banks programmers....I'm not sure if you can get the touch screen for and F150.....looks like you can for the 2008-2011s......
    2004 FORD F150 XLT
    5.4L Triton V8 4X4 SuperCab Automatic 6 1/2 bed 265/70/R17 Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs

Quote Originally Posted by 2004XLT5.4LTritonV84X4
    I've been looking at the Banks programmers....I'm not sure if you can get the touch screen for and F150.....looks like you can for the 2008-2011s......
    You can the edge cts gas programmer is touch screen

Name
    Dan
    After all the looking around I did before I traded in my 08 it seemed the Edge with custom tunes was the best "bang for the buck" IMO

You could always trade to an 11+ lol the new motor lineup is extremely impressive. Hell the 3.7L V6 is rated only 5 HP less than the 5.4L (not trying to start anything just posting facts)

I loved my 08 with the 5.4 and I'd still have it if I hadn't got a great deal on my 11
    If the women don't find ya handsome, they should at least find ya handy

I put a sct sf3 on my truck and wow what a difference gonna get custom tunes sometime soon and see how she reacts then.