PDA

View Full Version : Triton 4.6l turbo kit

Nephi Stubbs
09-14-2012, 12:02 PM
Hey everyone I'm me to this whole forum thing but I have a 2001 ford f150 4.6l it's a great truck but kinda lacks power I'm thinking about putting a turbo kit in but the more I look the more confused I get my questions are:
What dose my engine mods do i need before installing a turbo kit?
What size turbo do I need?
Dose it mater what brand?
Will a mustang kit work?
Any info I can get is good I don't want to get the wrong parts.

Jersey_Joe
09-14-2012, 02:35 PM
Supercharge it. Eaton makes a kit for that motor. Aka the 03-04 cobra motor. Injectors fuel rails and inercooler everything u need fer about 1500. U wont have power probs anymore. You just have to spec out proper tires cause it'll b rippy with only 6 lbs of boost. Some people like both. As do I. I have a hellion kit on my gt500. It rips. But I think u will have more fun and better increase for what ever it is u want to do.

The first two r my 10' 500. And the third is my 04 lightning. There more pics in my photo gallery if u wanna check em out. But the lightning kit is so
Olaf to what I'm talkin bout fer u. Only mine is on a 5.4. They make it fer the 4.6 as well and have great success. There r bigger and badder blowers out there but 7gs is alot of money. Cheap and spot on. Google is ur freind. Prior to fords big change over in engines. These motors can handle supercharges better than turbos but again. Just my opinion.

Jersey_Joe
09-14-2012, 02:41 PM
But Leme make it clear. Not a turbo hater at all. I tricked out my sisters sho Taurus and its fast. Different strokes fer different folks that's all. Evolution performance will b at my local racetrack this weekend testing there ecoboost 150. They r the game changers in the gt500 world out here this thing is supposed to get big boost and git. I'll try and post it when I'm there. I can't figure out how to post vids yet thow. Lol

BFEB
09-14-2012, 03:09 PM
But Leme make it clear. Not a turbo hater at all. I tricked out my sisters sho Taurus and its fast. Different strokes fer different folks that's all. Evolution performance will b at my local racetrack this weekend testing there ecoboost 150. They r the game changers in the gt500 world out here this thing is supposed to get big boost and git. I'll try and post it when I'm there. I can't figure out how to post vids yet thow. Lol

Hey man keep me informed on their EB stuff. I'm really interested to see what those guys can do with the EB F150

Jersey_Joe
09-14-2012, 05:02 PM
Me too Fo sho. I was plannin on showin u that fer sure

Nephi Stubbs
09-16-2012, 09:10 AM
Will it really bolt right on the 4.6l triton or what modifications will I need to make it fit

Jersey_Joe
09-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Yes. Google it. It will show u that there is not much to do other than installing ur supercharger bid. Pretty simple.

BFEB
09-17-2012, 05:45 AM
Yes. Google it. It will show u that there is not much to do other than installing ur supercharger bid. Pretty simple.

And having the ECM programmed for it.

Jersey_Joe
09-17-2012, 07:22 AM
True. But that goes with following the directions lol

----------

But really. Very simple to do. Couple hrs worth of work. But the payoff is divine 😜