PDA

View Full Version : Tonneau Covers

jolayiv
08-08-2012, 05:21 AM
Do any of you guys have any experience with tonneau covers? I'm looking at getting one possibly to help keep things dry during family trips in the truck. My area of concern is really only with the fact that I'm afraid of the material fading and looking like crap. I'm sticking with a soft cover for the ease of removing it to haul something and it not taking up so much room if I decide to leave it off for a while.

Jersey_Joe
08-08-2012, 08:11 AM
I have a ford soft cover on my lightning. I u take care of it. There golden. But if I was gonna get one I would get the roll up type. Plenty off room and very durable. Good luck with ur purchase

shaunb66
08-08-2012, 08:41 AM
I have a soft roll up and its great. Keeps everything dry and looks pretty good too!

BFEB
08-08-2012, 05:34 PM
I have an access lorado soft roll up with a lifetime warranty. I love it. I just hit it with some vinyl protectant when I detail. The protectant I use has a uv protector in it too.

thorsf150
08-08-2012, 08:28 PM
I've had 2 on each of previous trucks I've had the first one buttoned up on both sides and some of the buttons broke after a few years. The second one used velcro and the glue that held the Velcro to the frame gave up after a few years. I'm thinking of going with the Peragon retractable for my new truck

cowboyupcuzick
08-08-2012, 09:47 PM
why not just a camper shell?

jolayiv
08-09-2012, 05:12 AM
Thanks guys. Sounds like I would just need to take care of it like everything else.

why not just a camper shell?

Well I don't exactly want to spend that kind of money.