PDA

View Full Version : Eff the DMV

Raptor05121
07-22-2013, 10:07 AM
So many of you might not know, but I am blind in my right eye.

Today is my 22nd birthday and consequently, the day my license expires. So I went down to my local DMV with all required paperwork and began the renewal process. The lady behind the desk administers the eye exam to me, which I fail. I have 20/200 right, but 20/10 left. She tells me she cannot renew my license. So she gives me a 30 day temporary and a form to take to an optometrist. I called them, its $150 for an eye exam.

So, like all other like minded individuals my age, I turn to the internet. It turns out you can renew online. I type in my info, add my credit card and viola! My new license will be here in 7-10 days

Alex- 1
DMV- 0

Jersey_Joe
07-22-2013, 10:31 AM
Hahahaha. That's awesome. Happy birthday my brother!

----------

They can't catch the gingerbread man. Ha!

----------

Man I still can't get over your 22. Unreal. Have a great birthday professor!

RhinoZ24
07-22-2013, 03:13 PM
So many of you might not know, but I am blind in my right eye.

Today is my 22nd birthday and consequently, the day my license expires. So I went down to my local DMV with all required paperwork and began the renewal process. The lady behind the desk administers the eye exam to me, which I fail. I have 20/200 right, but 20/10 left. She tells me she cannot renew my license. So she gives me a 30 day temporary and a form to take to an optometrist. I called them, its $150 for an eye exam.

So, like all other like minded individuals my age, I turn to the internet. It turns out you can renew online. I type in my info, add my credit card and viola! My new license will be here in 7-10 days

Alex- 1
DMV- 0

Thats a great idea, its okay if you're blind but you can still drive if you renew online lol. I'm almost the same way my right eye has terrible vision, but the left is perfect. Anyways, Happy Birthday Professor!!

pockets
07-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Happy Birthday and that's awesome you found a loophole in the DMV system!