PDA

View Full Version : warranty?

david
07-19-2012, 01:26 PM
Kind of a broad question, but can anyone tell me what fords void warranty policy goes as far as after market intake goes? And if say i buy a stage 1 or whatever it may be from ford would it still void warranty? Does anyone have any ideas as well what to get? I have 2012 f150 v6 eco boost.thanks

BFEB
07-19-2012, 03:46 PM
They have to prove that the aftermarket part is what caused the malfunction.

I'm sure an intake is a non issue. I've had mine for a few months now and been in for service once and not a thing was said about it.

david
07-19-2012, 06:10 PM
Have you heard of injen intake? Or anyone that has went that route and can u notice all around gains?

Carolina Boostin
07-19-2012, 07:54 PM
They have to prove that the aftermarket part is what caused the malfunction.

I'm sure an intake is a non issue. I've had mine for a few months now and been in for service once and not a thing was said about it.

My dealer said have at it as long as it aint a tuner

Sent from my VS910 4G using F150 App

squirell2_2
07-24-2012, 06:44 PM
I have been doin the cold air i takes for years on all my past f150's. Dealers have told me that they dont hurt and never turned me down for warranty work. A superchips tuner has something that other programmers dont have. They have away to program and go back to oem programing several times with out the dealer ever knowing. Superchips gives you that gaurantee that they wont know it "used" to be programmed or they will pay for the warranty costs. Soon as warranty work is done, then program it back to the super chips tuner settings