PDA

View Full Version : Noise at 1/2 Upshift

Dan.308
07-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Hey all. Need some help please.

The problem is a short 1 second squeak just before the RPM drop at the 1/2 upshift under mild acceleration. The noise gets louder with higher acceleration. Occasionally at low acceleration the same noise but a couple seconds long. Seems to be building from the moment I press the gas until the shift. No noise with the truck on stands. Noise is still present when driving with the belt off so I know it's not the belt or tensioner. Not the heat shields bolted to the cross member. Nothing rubbing. Other than this brief squeak the transmission shifts and drives great.

4R100 rebuilt. Reverse/Forward/Intermediate/Direct-Red Eagle and Kolene power packs; Overdrive-Kryptonite and Kolene power pack; carbon fiber band; all new bearings, bushings, and seals; Fairbanks Power Tow PT4R100 shift/pump kit; stamped steel reverse drum changed to C6 cast iron; both 3 pinion aluminum planetaries were replaced with 6 pinion cast irons; new trans cooler and lines flushed. ALL CLEARANCES AND TORQUE SPECS TRIPLE CHECKED.

Any thoughts or suggestions please. Anyone else ever experienced this? I've read other similar posts on several forums but there is never a solution or follow up.

Thanks everyone!