PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions?

Tom
12-17-2011, 12:07 AM
Have any suggestions? Let me hear them! :)

dixie_boysles
12-19-2011, 07:58 AM
header image changed again lol

Tom
12-20-2011, 03:04 PM
header image changed again lol

Header image? How so?

Unless you're referring to the favicon... ?

dixie_boysles
12-21-2011, 06:43 AM
the thing that says F150-forum.com up top with the pic of the truck

kozal01
12-21-2011, 07:12 AM
You mean this one?

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c125/kozal01/Trail%20Camera%20pics/Untitled-1.png

dixie_boysles
12-21-2011, 01:23 PM
yeah wonder why mine is still the stock one for the theme!?

EDIT, after CTRL F5ing a few times, it changed! lol stupid cookies. And thanks for adding the favicon i made!

rangerwheelinmike
12-22-2011, 01:37 AM
need more smileys lol

Tom
12-23-2011, 04:17 PM
yeah wonder why mine is still the stock one for the theme!?

EDIT, after CTRL F5ing a few times, it changed! lol stupid cookies. And thanks for adding the favicon i made!

Thanks for making the favicon!

need more smileys lol

Good idea, will do.

Raptor05121
01-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Signatures need [img] tags enabled.

Need to change color scheme or add the ability to choose.

Add a Illumination & Lighting sub-forum to the technical forum or you're going to have a bazillion threads on HIDs ranging everywhere from GD to V6 to Exterior

dixie_boysles
01-03-2012, 08:38 PM

Add a Illumination & Lighting sub-forum to the technical forum or you're going to have a bazillion threads on HIDs ranging everywhere from GD to V6 to Exterior

I like the idea for lighting and illumination! The only way i like sig pics is when they are wide and narrow

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk

Brodie_Laj
01-03-2012, 08:41 PM
A spot in the username area to put real name...
I usually like to call active members by their real names instead of username

Brodie_Laj
01-03-2012, 08:46 PM
A couple more suggestions for thing i just noticed...
Needs to be able to embed youtube videos when you post the link
and
When you post twice in a row make the ------------------------- lines like that separating the posts... instead of showing my whole avatar and everything twice

dixie_boysles
01-03-2012, 08:49 PM
All great suggestions!

dixie_boysles
01-03-2012, 08:52 PM
And of course moderator and contributor badges (when we get to that point)

Carolina Boostin
01-03-2012, 08:55 PM
bigger avatars?

Brodie_Laj
01-03-2012, 08:58 PM
lol didn't even notice that.... are you a mod here Scott?

Fordzilla80
01-03-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm not too fond of the picture uploading deal here. I tried adding 4 images to a post that were sized 640/480 and it said they were too large. So I had to put them as attachments which took way too long for just four measly pictures. Almost every other forum I've ever been on has had a max in-text image size of 1024 by whatever. I would love to see the maximum size image limit bumped up a little more.

Raptor05121
01-03-2012, 11:05 PM
bump on the siggy support for IMG coding?

Tom
01-04-2012, 01:02 AM

IMG tags is the signature will likely not be enabled. I've never liked images in signatures, it made it so there was just too much cluster. Makes the forum look like a magazine IMHO.

A spot in the username area to put real name...
I usually like to call active members by their real names instead of username

Will be doing.

A couple more suggestions for thing i just noticed...
Needs to be able to embed youtube videos when you post the link
and
When you post twice in a row make the ------------------------- lines like that separating the posts... instead of showing my whole avatar and everything twice

Will be doing.

Will be doing. Know anyone who can make them? :)

bigger avatars?

Your avatar can be bigger, you just need to crop it.

lol didn't even notice that.... are you a mod here Scott?

Yes he is.

I'm not too fond of the picture uploading deal here. I tried adding 4 images to a post that were sized 640/480 and it said they were too large. So I had to put them as attachments which took way too long for just four measly pictures. Almost every other forum I've ever been on has had a max in-text image size of 1024 by whatever. I would love to see the maximum size image limit bumped up a little more.

How were you trying to upload the pictures? You say you had to put them as an attachment, so what were you doing before?

rangerwheelinmike
01-04-2012, 01:17 AM
what abought a moble app? i know some forums have there own app? i dont realy care for tapatalk its hard to keep up on whats going on

dixie_boysles
01-04-2012, 08:32 AM
Everytime I try to update Profile, i get this message:

A required field called Rig is missing or has an invalid value.

Raptor05121
01-04-2012, 09:37 AM
What about a new color scheme? Its really hard to see drop down menus

Fordzilla80
01-04-2012, 02:24 PM
How were you trying to upload the pictures? You say you had to put them as an attachment, so what were you doing before?

I was attempting to use the insert image button between the insert video and unlink buttons. That's how I post pictures on all the forums I've ever been on. I clicked it, chose URL, pasted the URL in the box, and then clicked Ok. That's when the message came up saying the picture is too large.

It comes up with:

"error: Remote file is too large"

The file I tried to upload was only 640 by 480 pixels.

I just played around with it some more, and between three different photo uploading sites and three different image sizes, it still gave me the same message. So then I tried uploading them straight from my computer using the Insert Image button. All that did was make them attachments. I opened up the attachments, and then I copied the site's assigned URL for the pictures, and then came back and posted those in the Insert Image URL box. When I pressed Ok, it said the files were invalid. So then I unchecked the remote link box or whatever that was, and THEN it finally inserted the images into the text like I wanted. So then I tried inserting a remote url back into the box again, and this time, I unchecked the remote blah blah box, and now it's allowing me to upload photos from remote url's into my text. I guess I just had to get used to it.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/f13/c3d/5ac/resized/nerd-dad-meme-generator-i-had-99-problems-and-i-fixed-all-of-them-4e4195.jpg?1322489347.jpg

Carolina Boostin
01-04-2012, 03:55 PM
We need another color it hard to read drop downs on a phone

Tom
01-04-2012, 08:54 PM
what abought a moble app? i know some forums have there own app? i dont realy care for tapatalk its hard to keep up on whats going on

This has been in the works for over a month now (idea originally was for FRF). There should be a mobile app for this forum released this month. Unfortunately I can't really give a more precise time as I'm not too familiar with the app process. The app supposedly takes a week to review, other verification stuff, etc.

Everytime I try to update Profile, i get this message:

You joined before the rig field was in the registration form. When you're editing your profile, just fill out the Rig field with what kind of F150 you have.

What about a new color scheme? Its really hard to see drop down menus

In the works.

I was attempting to use the insert image button between the insert video and unlink buttons. That's how I post pictures on all the forums I've ever been on. I clicked it, chose URL, pasted the URL in the box, and then clicked Ok. That's when the message came up saying the picture is too large.

It comes up with:

"error: Remote file is too large"

The file I tried to upload was only 640 by 480 pixels.

I just played around with it some more, and between three different photo uploading sites and three different image sizes, it still gave me the same message. So then I tried uploading them straight from my computer using the Insert Image button. All that did was make them attachments. I opened up the attachments, and then I copied the site's assigned URL for the pictures, and then came back and posted those in the Insert Image URL box. When I pressed Ok, it said the files were invalid. So then I unchecked the remote link box or whatever that was, and THEN it finally inserted the images into the text like I wanted. So then I tried inserting a remote url back into the box again, and this time, I unchecked the remote blah blah box, and now it's allowing me to upload photos from remote url's into my text. I guess I just had to get used to it.

http://assets.diylol.com/hfs/f13/c3d/5ac/resized/nerd-dad-meme-generator-i-had-99-problems-and-i-fixed-all-of-them-4e4195.jpg?1322489347.jpg

Is this something you could reproduce?

We need another color it hard to read drop downs on a phone

Another color option is in the works, as well as a mobile app.

Carolina Boostin
01-04-2012, 09:01 PM
tom on the pic problem theres a box that says Retrieve remote file and reference locally if its checked the error remote file to large comes up un check it and ti works

Raptor05121
01-04-2012, 09:25 PM
Tom I've got a rash on my rear thigh, and it hurts when I walk. what do you think it could be?

Fordzilla80
01-04-2012, 11:32 PM
tom on the pic problem theres a box that says Retrieve remote file and reference locally if its checked the error remote file to large comes up un check it and ti works

This is the problem I was having. The box is always automatically checked, and when you uncheck the box, only then does it allow you to upload any size of url. If you don't uncheck the box, then you get the message.

rangerwheelinmike
01-04-2012, 11:42 PM

yup had the same problem!

Tom
01-05-2012, 12:05 PM
I've added a light version of the forum. You can do quick switches by using the drop down menu in the bottom left, default one is "dark" other one is "light."

You can save that setting by going here: http://www.f150-forum.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to "forum skin" it's the 3rd from the bottom, and change it.

This is the problem I was having. The box is always automatically checked, and when you uncheck the box, only then does it allow you to upload any size of url. If you don't uncheck the box, then you get the message.

Thanks, I've figured out the problem, now just to find the solution....

Tom I've got a rash on my rear thigh, and it hurts when I walk. what do you think it could be?

http://cheetosfordinner.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/oh-snap-u-got-da-aids.jpg

Raptor05121
01-05-2012, 04:37 PM
LOL'ed!

Tom
01-05-2012, 08:23 PM
So this is what was done today:
- Light style setup
- Real names show under your username
- Youtube videos automatically embed into posts
- If the same user makes two posts back to back in a short period of time, it's merged into one post with a divider line.
- Attachment system reverted to old attachment system as a temporary solution that prevents the "Remote file is too large" error.

dixie_boysles
01-05-2012, 08:33 PM
Awesome!! Getting there!

You figure out the problem i mentioned about when i update profile (or lack thereof)?

Carolina Boostin
01-05-2012, 09:01 PM
So this is what was done today:
- Light style setup
- Real names show under your username
- Youtube videos automatically embed into posts
- If the same user makes two posts back to back in a short period of time, it's merged into one post with a divider line.
- Attachment system reverted to old attachment system as a temporary solution that prevents the "Remote file is too large" error.
http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSsQMmatuLXT86DAopI-EiHlHyDCxs4HIR9RvgNPcK0_RRGxn7qzw

Tom
01-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Awesome!! Getting there!

You figure out the problem i mentioned about when i update profile (or lack thereof)?

Yeah, I posted it earlier:
You joined before the rig field was in the registration form. When you're editing your profile, just fill out the Rig field with what kind of F150 you have. http://www.f150-forum.com/profile.php?do=editprofile

rangerwheelinmike
01-05-2012, 11:36 PM
How bought some stickers!

Tom
01-06-2012, 12:31 PM
I forgot to mention I also added a "my posts" tab which allows you to quickly search through your old posts and threads.

How bought some stickers!

That's in the works. If anyone knows of any graphic design people who may be willing to lend a hand with designs please let me know!

BURNSY
01-06-2012, 03:02 PM
What about a Garage tab (that is found under the members info. This allows them to post multiple pictures of their rigs for others to look at? Unless its already there and I missed it ...... :confused:

Carolina Boostin
01-06-2012, 09:05 PM
http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m568/emt1559/Untitled-2-1.pngTOM

----------

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m568/emt1559/1Untitled.png

kkyle08
01-06-2012, 09:13 PM
I like the last one the best

Carolina Boostin
01-06-2012, 09:16 PM
doubt theyll be used

Tom
01-07-2012, 01:24 PM
I like the last one too. Curious what others think as well.

dixie_boysles
01-07-2012, 02:53 PM
I like simple. The last one is great! One about same height as tbe frf ones woukd be great

Carolina Boostin
01-07-2012, 04:11 PM
if yall have a place that can cut em i can try to make it the same size as the frf one and send it to ya but i aint got no way to cut them

BURNSY
01-09-2012, 08:13 AM
What about categorizing the model years (like 2004-2008) to allow for quicker searching and prevent the "what year does this pertain to" question?

----------

Maybe even a For Sale/Wanted section?

----------

Ok .... never mind about the For Sale/Wanted section. I found the classified section. I am still figuring out the site.

BFEB
04-24-2012, 02:44 PM
What about categorizing the model years (like 2004-2008) to allow for quicker searching and prevent the "what year does this pertain to" question?

----------

Maybe even a For Sale/Wanted section?

----------

Ok .... never mind about the For Sale/Wanted section. I found the classified section. I am still figuring out the site.

X2

BFEB
04-25-2012, 08:28 AM
Automatic subscription to thread after posting in one.

Carolina Boostin
04-25-2012, 09:10 AM

X2

dixie_boysles
04-26-2012, 01:42 PM

X2

Go to Settings, then under "My Account" click on General Settings, then under Default Thread Subscription Mode, check which subscription method u want.

BFEB
04-26-2012, 01:48 PM
I mostly use my iPhone and I haven't seen that setting option on the mobile app

Hickfromhell88
04-26-2012, 01:49 PM
How about automactic updating, life facebook? So we dont have to press refress.

Carolina Boostin
04-26-2012, 06:47 PM
its a little glitchy for some reason if i hit refresh at times it kicks me off

dixie_boysles
04-27-2012, 05:44 AM
I mostly use my iPhone and I haven't seen that setting option on the mobile app

you may need to set it on a computer first