PDA

View Full Version : brakes rubbing with new rotors and pads

deeds98f150
05-06-2012, 11:57 PM
Was wonderin if its normal for my brakes to smoke and smell a bit after new brakes and rotors i got the good parts and the new larts kit with dust boots and clips, they also stick at a complete stop and have to break em loose with a bit of gas...

Carolina Boostin
05-07-2012, 05:31 AM
Somethin is wrong maybe a sticking caliper

BFEB
05-07-2012, 05:40 AM
Did you bleed the system after the change?

2011f150
05-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Hope this helps I had that once and went back
They checked, and it was the wrong rotors they where to thick. I realized something was wrong
When they where to tight so I took them off
And took them back...

BFEB
05-07-2012, 08:23 AM
Sounds quite likely with some of the amazing "parts guys" out there now. I swear sometimes I'd rather shoot myself in the foot than go to a parts store and listen to them tell me what the computer says.

I remember I went to a parts store after buying my EB and they tried to tell me "there is no way that truck has THAT motor" just cause the computer didn't show it yet. Haven't been back to that store since.

End rant

deeds98f150
05-07-2012, 11:28 PM
Thats what i was thinkin i went back online and i did double check all the part numbers they say their right is it possible that the slides on the bracket didnt get enough grease? It went away a little bit but now i feel a pulse down the freeway it feels like a flatspot but it wasnt there before i cant tell but it kinda seems like its dragging and causing the fast pulse from the drivers side

codwel09
08-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Sounds like a caliper is sticking. Your brakes will never actually leave the rotor at anytime they will always drag just a bit but not enough to be dragging like what you are talking about. They shouldn't be smoking. Should they make quite a bit of brake dust, yes but that should tone down before a 100 miles. May just be as easy as taking them back off and readjusting. Just an educated guess.

Raptor05121
08-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Sounds like a caliper is sticking. Your brakes will never actually leave the rotor at anytime they will always drag just a bit but not enough to be dragging like what you are talking about. They shouldn't be smoking. Should they make quite a bit of brake dust, yes but that should tone down before a 100 miles. May just be as easy as taking them back off and readjusting. Just an educated guess.

Did you even read the posts above? OP says it was the wrong pads

codwel09
08-28-2012, 05:19 AM
Well deeds just said all the parts are the same. Yes I read it