PDA

View Full Version : wondering about ford tranny and rearend

deeds98f150
05-05-2012, 01:43 PM
Im just wondering ive always owned chevy trucks now that i have the f150 the tranny seems to shift kinda dumb it seems solid but when i go up hills when cruising itll just drop speed till i give it more gas once it downshifts i can keep the speed but i cant gain any more speed like i said it seems solid but i feel lile im beating on it the trucks a 98 4x4 sc with the 4.6 also it wont go back into tje right gear after the downshift until i let off gas i was also wondering after a complete stop i can feel the rearend kinda feels like a clutch engaging a little rough its something im sure a lotta people wouldnt notice im just kinda picky about my trucks any advice is greatly appreciated

bigred5.4l
05-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Well the cant gain any speed going uphill I would say its the lack up power vs weight of the truck and the rough engaging from a dead stop accelerating I had that problem with my 07 and it was the torque converter...., a way to diagnose the problem is in a few months if your tranny feels like its missing, it's not it's the converter slipping when it's locked.

deeds98f150
05-09-2012, 03:47 PM
Dang! Im hoping its not the converter i noticed a little leak from the seal where the tranny meets the motor, how much did you end up paying for the converter with install?