PDA

View Full Version : Transmission temp running high

murrayford96
04-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Hey guys, I've got a 06 150. The temp has been running high. 275 F high. Recently had the tranny redone. I dont want to put it back in the shop due to the cost. Any suggestions on why it would be running hot? Ive got the Edge Attitude programmer thats giving me the high temp warning. The truck is running fine exept for take off is a little sluggish. No trouble codes or warning lights in the dash.

kozal01
04-28-2012, 01:22 PM
Wow thats really high. If you just had it re-built I would be bringing it back because something is not right of its running that hot. Did they hook the cooler lines back up?

murrayford96
04-28-2012, 03:28 PM
Ya they are hooked up. Its been a few months since the tranny was redone. I was hauling a 16ft flat bed trailer and it started heating up like that a week ago. The cooler is never warm though even after a longdrive. But that was replaced when I had the work done as well.

Raptor05121
04-28-2012, 03:37 PM
I'd get that shop to look at it again. Sounds like a blockage or something in the cooler lines. But I don't know auto trannies very well

codwel09
08-27-2012, 12:20 PM
Check your fluid level. Could be that simple. Otherwise I'm thinking its a blockage problem as well. Could be when they serviced it and took the filter off they knocked some dust off in there which shouldn't hurt the tyranny but could be enough to clog it.