PDA

View Full Version : Best wax for a blue truck

Carolina Boostin
04-20-2012, 07:13 PM
ok monday im gonna do my first detail what wax should i use?
i used meq. cleaner wax on my white ranger

CountryF-150
04-20-2012, 07:15 PM
I always just use the regular turtle wax on my truck.

Carolina Boostin
04-20-2012, 07:26 PM
I always just use the regular turtle wax on my truck.

heck no ive seen what turtle wax can do

04f150fx4
04-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Mcguires or however u spell it best wax i have found

Carolina Boostin
04-21-2012, 07:18 PM
Mcguires or however u spell it best wax i have found

thats what i used on my ranger i was wonderin about auto glym or somethin else

dixie_boysles
04-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Collinite 845

http://www.amazon.com/Collinite-845-Insalator-Liquid-Pint/dp/B000JK2D06

some of the best wax on the market, apply super thin

Carolina Boostin
04-23-2012, 06:06 PM
ill look in to that scott

BFEB
04-24-2012, 09:38 AM
I used McGuiers carnauba on mine with these results

Carolina Boostin
04-24-2012, 11:08 AM
Nice! Thats my trucks twin!

BFEB
04-24-2012, 11:31 AM
I knew there was a reason I liked your profile pic lol

kissman33
04-26-2012, 07:27 PM
I have always had Good results with Mequairs on everything I have owned.

BFEB
04-30-2012, 09:31 PM
It rained tonite so I decided to pull her in the garage and threw a quick shine on the front end.

Carolina Boostin
05-01-2012, 04:30 AM
Nice

2004XLT5.4LTritonV84X4
05-11-2012, 12:00 AM
Mequairs or Mothers for sure!

doberdann
07-03-2012, 07:51 PM
i agree i use both those on my 2012 f150 and she shines brighter than the sun haha.

Jersey_Joe
07-09-2012, 08:38 PM
I used mothers fer years. Then I saw the light. McGuires is good. But there is a product called blackfire. It's a wet diamond all finish paint protecter. Makes ur paint look wet. Amazing product and amazing shine. 41$ delivered. Autopia.com. Check it out. I know you'll love it

RhinoZ24
01-10-2013, 01:56 AM
Late, but just look at my pictures from when I detailed my truck, Turtle Wax Cleaner Wax with Carnauba in it. Works pretty damn well. I would post a pic of the shine in sunlight, but it rained 2 days ago and messed up my nice clean truck.

Ford Fan#1
04-26-2014, 05:26 PM
Late, but just look at my pictures from when I detailed my truck, Turtle Wax Cleaner Wax with Carnauba in it. Works pretty damn well. I would post a pic of the shine in sunlight, but it rained 2 days ago and messed up my nice clean truck.i use meguiars tech wax next gen and then their gold class carubarna wax both liquid and shook well leaves a nice shine ( I detail cars during school breaks )

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App

zavaral
04-26-2014, 05:49 PM
I use anything by mothers. http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/27/a4y7adyh.jpg

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

----------

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/27/7e3yma6y.jpg

----------

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/27/9uhy8uzy.jpg

RhinoZ24
04-26-2014, 05:51 PM
Looks great!

Jersey_Joe
04-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Looks nice. I use a product called blackfire. Little more expensive than the over the counter stuff but u get what u pay for.

RexReid
04-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Not much feels better than a fresh wax job when it is done. Nice.

RhinoZ24
04-28-2014, 06:13 PM

Agreed

btoolguy1
04-28-2014, 06:26 PM
Gave to try. Just got collinite 845 everyone raved about.

Ford Fan#1
04-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Not much feels better than a fresh wax job when it is done. Nice.exactly

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App

blacked_out
02-04-2015, 05:02 AM

Agreed. There are many products out there good and bad. Best thing to do is understand what the difference is between a cleaner wax, carnauba, and a polymer sealant. Knowing what exactly you are putting on the paint can help you choose the right product. If your looking for a great over the counter product that is easy to use I would go meguiars ultimate line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RhinoZ24
02-04-2015, 09:36 AM
Agreed. There are many products out there good and bad. Best thing to do is understand what the difference is between a cleaner wax, carnauba, and a polymer sealant. Knowing what exactly you are putting on the paint can help you choose the right product. If your looking for a great over the counter product that is easy to use I would go meguiars ultimate line.

I still like Turtle Wax, use to use the Carnauba Cleaner wax and now I use the Hard Shell one. Both work great and last a long time IMO

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

BFEB
02-04-2015, 02:07 PM
I'm a meguiars user, but Joey has some badass stuff he recommends. Just haven't got around to trying it out yet.

RhinoZ24
02-04-2015, 03:31 PM
You mean he hasn't gotten around to detailing our trucks yet haha.

RexReid
02-04-2015, 07:23 PM
I am going to get some blackfire. If Joe recommends it, that is enough for me.

Jersey_Joe
02-04-2015, 07:44 PM
I am going to get some blackfire. If Joe recommends it, that is enough for me.
Rex. U won't be disappointed. Www.autogeek.com. Fantastic product. I recommend the wet diamond polish 41$ delivered

----------

Www.autogeek.net. Sorry

----------

http://www.autogeekmobile.net//

----------

My fav site for cleaning products yall

RhinoZ24
02-05-2015, 01:37 AM
I couldn't tell after you had it in there 3 times...haha

Jersey_Joe
02-05-2015, 05:50 AM
Well. In my defense. I put it up. Clicked it. And it did nothing. Until the last time. lol. Just wanted it to work lol.

RexReid
02-05-2015, 09:19 AM
Rex. U won't be disappointed. Www.autogeek.com. Fantastic product. I recommend the wet diamond polish 41$ delivered

----------

Www.autogeek.net. Sorry

----------

http://www.autogeekmobile.net//

----------

My fav site for cleaning products yall

Thanks Joe.

I am evicting a tenant. The cops have been out several times dealing with bs. Anyhow, the day after one of their cars got towed, my truck was keyed. So shine will have to wait until repair.

cooperf150-06
02-05-2015, 11:55 AM
Thanks Joe. I am evicting a tenant. The cops have been out several times dealing with bs. Anyhow, the day after one of their cars got towed, my truck was keyed. So shine will have to wait until repair.
That blows sorry u had a bad tenant

RhinoZ24
02-05-2015, 01:09 PM
Thanks Joe.

I am evicting a tenant. The cops have been out several times dealing with bs. Anyhow, the day after one of their cars got towed, my truck was keyed. So shine will have to wait until repair.

Well that was dumb considering you have all of their info...

blacked_out
02-06-2015, 12:42 AM
That would warrant a punch in the face in my book. Sorry to hear about your truck. The stuff joe is preferring is spot on. Black fire products are very good. All depends on you budget, then do research on them, then order.

RhinoZ24
02-06-2015, 12:53 AM
That would warrant a punch in the face in my book. Sorry to hear about your truck. The stuff joe is preferring is spot on. Black fire products are very good. All depends on you budget, then do research on them, then order.

I agree, my truck is my baby. I would beat the s*** out of that guy.

Jersey_Joe
02-06-2015, 07:17 AM
Thanks Joe. I am evicting a tenant. The cops have been out several times dealing with bs. Anyhow, the day after one of their cars got towed, my truck was keyed. So shine will have to wait until repair.
Oh no. Really? On the new one? Poor bastid. Sorry to hear. I haven't hit a man in a fit of rage in a long time. If somebody did that to me. The can would b open that's fer sure. Good luck rex. And BLACKFIRE wet diamond polish is 41$ delivered. I love the product. In fact. All of there products. I'll b sticking with them for awhile. Lol

----------

That would warrant a punch in the face in my book. Sorry to hear about your truck. The stuff joe is preferring is spot on. Black fire products are very good. All depends on you budget, then do research on them, then order. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks for the props low

Ford Fan#1
02-06-2015, 07:33 AM
Oh no. Really? On the new one? Poor bastid. Sorry to hear. I haven't hit a man in a fit of rage in a long time. If somebody did that to me. The can would b open that's fer sure. Good luck rex. And BLACKFIRE wet diamond polish is 41$ delivered. I love the product. In fact. All of there products. I'll b sticking with them for awhile. Lol ---------- Thanks for the props low .... $41?!?! How much do you get?! It better be a lot for the price!

Jersey_Joe
02-06-2015, 07:58 AM
.... $41?!?! How much do you get?! It better be a lot for the price!
When u venture out of the turtle wax world kid. You will realize. There are products out there that exceed the limits of mothers and turtle wax. Are those products bad? Absolutely not. That's why they have been in business for so long. Me ? I use McGuires on my wife's car. And all the vehicles I detail. Mine? Nothing but blackfire.
And u get a normal size Bottle. I'll take a pic later

----------

And like I always say. U get what u pay for in life

Ford Fan#1
02-06-2015, 08:27 AM
When u venture out of the turtle wax world kid. You will realize. There are products out there that exceed the limits of mothers and turtle wax. Are those products bad? Absolutely not. That's why they have been in business for so long. Me ? I use McGuires on my wife's car. And all the vehicles I detail. Mine? Nothing but blackfire. And u get a normal size Bottle. I'll take a pic later ---------- And like I always say. U get what u pay for in life I use mcguires everything basically. Tech wax, tire shine sometimes. Leather and vinyl cleaner. Protectant. Clay bars. Carbonara. Spray detailer with carbonara basically everything they sell haha I use some griots garage items. Like the waterless wash. And the wheel cleaner. And the 3 in 1 leather conditioner. And armor all wash with carbonara and leather cpr for the King Ranches.. Although I've never used it on anything other then mine haha

Jersey_Joe
02-06-2015, 09:16 AM
I use mcguires everything basically. Tech wax, tire shine sometimes. Leather and vinyl cleaner. Protectant. Clay bars. Carbonara. Spray detailer with carbonara basically everything they sell haha I use some griots garage items. Like the waterless wash. And the wheel cleaner. And the 3 in 1 leather conditioner. And armor all wash with carbonara and leather cpr for the King Ranches.. Although I've never used it on anything other then mine haha
Waterless wash? U afraid to use a hose? That rust is gonna b the death of that thing

----------

Better learn how to apply bondo if your not gonna replace em. But to replace is more than the truck is worth so I guess ur goin bondo.

cooperf150-06
02-06-2015, 09:19 AM
Oh hell just wash it in wd40 it helps with rust lol

Jersey_Joe
02-06-2015, 09:20 AM
LMFBO. It does help rust lol

Ford Fan#1
02-06-2015, 09:30 AM
Waterless wash? U afraid to use a hose? That rust is gonna b the death of that thing ---------- Better learn how to apply bondo if your not gonna replace em. But to replace is more than the truck is worth so I guess ur goin bondo. nah I got it beacause it was buy one get one free and nothing else i needed. So I got the waterless wash and the wheel cleaner. They were $25 each and I was the only one to get that deal beacause they changed it right after I bought them. It was a error basically

----------

Oh hell just wash it in wd40 it helps with rust lol I use lithium white grease. Wd40 would wear off after a day or so

----------

Waterless wash? U afraid to use a hose? That rust is gonna b the death of that thing ---------- Better learn how to apply bondo if your not gonna replace em. But to replace is more than the truck is worth so I guess ur goin bondo. I think I found a guy that is really good at welding. Not sure about paint though... I think I'm going to see if he could help sometime and replace the metal on the doors and cut the rockers and cab corners out and replace them. And respray the entire truck. Good as new. Minus the seat..

Jersey_Joe
02-06-2015, 09:38 AM
nah I got it beacause it was buy one get one free and nothing else i needed. So I got the waterless wash and the wheel cleaner. They were $25 each and I was the only one to get that deal beacause they changed it right after I bought them. It was a error basically ---------- I use lithium white grease. Wd40 would wear off after a day or so ---------- I think I found a guy that is really good at welding. Not sure about paint though... I think I'm going to see if he could help sometime and replace the metal on the doors and cut the rockers and cab corners out and replace them. And respray the entire truck. Good as new. Minus the seat..
Dude. I know u love her. But cut ur losses. Do u know how much money that is???? U don't. U can't. U just can't. It's more that it's worth. If that truck was in NJ. They would deam u unsafe. And pull your reg. I'm not gonna blow smoke up ur @$$ kid. It's gonna b like 5-8 THOUSAND dollars. Like 3 zeros. Can it b fixed. Of course. Anything can b fixed. But this cat that u "think" can weld. Ain't gonna do 3 weeks of work on ur truck for a handshake and some pizza. And that's just the body work. Paint will take a week. And that's a professional timeline. Just sayin kiddo. Save your pesos because that thing is gonna fall apart. It was happining with my 03. I couldn't stop it. And I didn't want to save it. To much money bud.

Ford Fan#1
02-06-2015, 10:45 AM
Dude. I know u love her. But cut ur losses. Do u know how much money that is???? U don't. U can't. U just can't. It's more that it's worth. If that truck was in NJ. They would deam u unsafe. And pull your reg. I'm not gonna blow smoke up ur @$$ kid. It's gonna b like 5-8 THOUSAND dollars. Like 3 zeros. Can it b fixed. Of course. Anything can b fixed. But this cat that u "think" can weld. Ain't gonna do 3 weeks of work on ur truck for a handshake and some pizza. And that's just the body work. Paint will take a week. And that's a professional timeline. Just sayin kiddo. Save your pesos because that thing is gonna fall apart. It was happining with my 03. I couldn't stop it. And I didn't want to save it. To much money bud. just the metal is a few hundered dollars. Like $300-$400 but I have no clue for the paint.. The stripes are $100 per side even if I would find a nice rust free supercrew it would be the same in a few years. So either way I'd have to spend money on rust ----------
Dude. I know u love her. But cut ur losses. Do u know how much money that is???? U don't. U can't. U just can't. It's more that it's worth. If that truck was in NJ. They would deam u unsafe. And pull your reg. I'm not gonna blow smoke up ur @$$ kid. It's gonna b like 5-8 THOUSAND dollars. Like 3 zeros. Can it b fixed. Of course. Anything can b fixed. But this cat that u "think" can weld. Ain't gonna do 3 weeks of work on ur truck for a handshake and some pizza. And that's just the body work. Paint will take a week. And that's a professional timeline. Just sayin kiddo. Save your pesos because that thing is gonna fall apart. It was happining with my 03. I couldn't stop it. And I didn't want to save it. To much money bud. he might for beer and borrowing trailers and garden tools haha he welded up a mower deck for the price of borrowing the trailer for a day haha

RhinoZ24
02-06-2015, 11:28 AM
Oh hell just wash it in wd40 it helps with rust lol

Lmao

Jersey_Joe
02-06-2015, 11:53 AM
just the metal is a few hundered dollars. Like $300-$400 but I have no clue for the paint.. The stripes are $100 per side even if I would find a nice rust free supercrew it would be the same in a few years. So either way I'd have to spend money on rust ---------- he might for beer and borrowing trailers and garden tools haha he welded up a mower deck for the price of borrowing the trailer for a day haha
Whatever. What do I know. U kids know everything. Happy rusting

Ford Fan#1
02-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Whatever. What do I know. U kids know everything. Happy rusting as I said before. I can't sell it due to the bank. I have to pay it off first. That will be after my last year of high school. So by that time it will be horrible. And it's my truck and it shows my detailing experience. So if it's missing doors and cab corners it's not going to be a good picture for my business. Makes sense? Beacause if you detail cars and yours looks like a genuine pos that's never had a bath you probably aren't getting their business.

Jersey_Joe
02-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Ur the boss kid. Good luck

Ford Fan#1
02-06-2015, 12:42 PM
Ur the boss kid. Good luck thanks. Tomarrow is when we are changing plugs... At 1pm.. I guess it would cool faster with the hood open. I guess while I'm waiting I could change everything else

blacked_out
02-06-2015, 03:59 PM
What are you looking for? A polish? Wax? Sealant? Glaze? Compound? A lot goes into detailing and different products do different things. Joe is talking about a polish that should be applied by machine. Modern clear coats are rather hard so hand polishing is very inefficient and time consuming. Porter cable 7424xp is a cheap but very user friendly polisher the can give you excellent results. If your just looking to protect the paint then you would be looking at more of a wax or sealant. Black fire also have good quality wax and sealants but like I said it all determined on budget. I have used many products and let me tell you it can get pretty crazy once you get the bug. That is how I got started detailing. If you got a problem or need more advice shoot me a text and I can help you out.

Jersey_Joe
02-06-2015, 05:16 PM
What are you looking for? A polish? Wax? Sealant? Glaze? Compound? A lot goes into detailing and different products do different things. Joe is talking about a polish that should be applied by machine. Modern clear coats are rather hard so hand polishing is very inefficient and time consuming. Porter cable 7424xp is a cheap but very user friendly polisher the can give you excellent results. If your just looking to protect the paint then you would be looking at more of a wax or sealant. Black fire also have good quality wax and sealants but like I said it all determined on budget. I have used many products and let me tell you it can get pretty crazy once you get the bug. That is how I got started detailing. If you got a problem or need more advice shoot me a text and I can help you out. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Low. Don't waist ur time lol. He knows everything. And won't touch a buffer. I've mentioned the portercable many times I have one and low it. Is this what u do for a living? That's awesome

----------

There is another fella on here they call me clean. He does a fine job as well. We tried to explain how products need heat to work. But.... Kids know everything lol. Either way his truck shines pretty good

Ford Fan#1
02-06-2015, 06:47 PM
Low. Don't waist ur time lol. He knows everything. And won't touch a buffer. I've mentioned the portercable many times I have one and low it. Is this what u do for a living? That's awesome ---------- There is another fella on here they call me clean. He does a fine job as well. We tried to explain how products need heat to work. But.... Kids know everything lol. Either way his truck shines pretty good I didn't say I wouldn't use one but just not on my truck as I'm worried about the paint flaking off from where the dealer buffed it and burnt but I would use it on my mom's explorer. ( testing on my big brother's 03 explorer first of course ) it's basically our geuiena pig to test new products lmao

blacked_out
02-08-2015, 01:53 AM
There is absolutely no way you could burn your paint with a PC. That is why it is a free spinning head that stops rotating when too much pressure is applied or if it is not somewhat flat to the paint surface. I think you have the Dual action polisher mixed up with a rotary. A rotary spins in a circle and is gear driven. That creates a great deal of heat and allows you to correct the clear much faster. I use rotary a on very hard clear coats that need it and a customer is willing to pay for but those jobs are few and far between. I use a DA much more often and is perfect for a beginner because it is so safe. Only DA that could possibly I burn your paint is a flex 3401 DA. That machine is a gear driven dual action forced rotation so it can burn it but even then it's rare.

Ford Fan#1
02-08-2015, 12:10 PM
There is absolutely no way you could burn your paint with a PC. That is why it is a free spinning head that stops rotating when too much pressure is applied or if it is not somewhat flat to the paint surface. I think you have the Dual action polisher mixed up with a rotary. A rotary spins in a circle and is gear driven. That creates a great deal of heat and allows you to correct the clear much faster. I use rotary a on very hard clear coats that need it and a customer is willing to pay for but those jobs are few and far between. I use a DA much more often and is perfect for a beginner because it is so safe. Only DA that could possibly I burn your paint is a flex 3401 DA. That machine is a gear driven dual action forced rotation so it can burn it but even then it's rare. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk huh... Well time to save I guess

Jersey_Joe
02-08-2015, 02:30 PM
Adam. U think that black looks good now??? Da buffer and you will b amazed. Thank u low. Been Tryin to educate this little whippersnapper but he knows lol. Great write bud

RhinoZ24
02-08-2015, 03:32 PM
Adam. U think that black looks good now??? Da buffer and you will b amazed. Thank u low. Been Tryin to educate this little whippersnapper but he knows lol. Great write bud

Whippersnapper haha. I'm gunna start calling you Grandpa Joe ahaha jk bud.

blacked_out
02-08-2015, 04:16 PM
By the way I do detail as a side business when I'm not working my regular job. Funny I was wondering why you were calling me low but my autocorrect put that in my profile when I was doing it. I need to change it. Can call me Loq. That's a Q. I do own a flex rotary and DA and that combo is magic. I would only buy those tools if you are making money or are really serious. I actually use my PC to clean carpets, tires, and other hard surfaces with a brush attachment.

Ford Fan#1
02-08-2015, 04:27 PM
Adam. U think that black looks good now??? Da buffer and you will b amazed. Thank u low. Been Tryin to educate this little whippersnapper but he knows lol. Great write bud buffer would get rid of some scratches and scuffs but I will get a da buffer and do windows and stuff. But I don't think it needs rubbing compound. Or is that what gets rid of the swirls?

blacked_out
02-08-2015, 04:28 PM
Rhino I will make it super easy for you. Follow this list exactly so you know what to order and how much it will cost. This is what you should save up to buy.
porter cable 7424xp DA
Meguiars 5" backing plate
Meguiars 3" backing plate
Meguiars microfiber cutting disks (they come in 2 packs) 5" and 3"
Meguiars microfiber finishing disks (they come in 2 packs) 5" and 3"
( personally I would get 4 disks of each to make it easier I'll explain later why but 4 should be all you need.)
One bottle of Meguiars microfiber correction compound
One bottle of Meguiars finishing wax

Let me know when you save up enough to get all of this and I can help you with how to use the system. Meguiars made this system so easy is not even funny.

Ford Fan#1
02-08-2015, 04:29 PM
By the way I do detail as a side business when I'm not working my regular job. Funny I was wondering why you were calling me low but my autocorrect put that in my profile when I was doing it. I need to change it. Can call me Loq. That's a Q. I do own a flex rotary and DA and that combo is magic. I would only buy those tools if you are making money or are really serious. I actually use my PC to clean carpets, tires, and other hard surfaces with a brush attachment. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk pc? What's that?

Grabber70Mach
02-08-2015, 05:18 PM
pc? What's that?
If I were a betting man, I would put my money on Porter Cable, DA= dual action.

Ford Fan#1
02-08-2015, 05:22 PM
If I were a betting man, I would put my money on Porter Cable, DA= dual action. Ah. Okay... Wait carpets and tires? Lmao that's cool!

RhinoZ24
02-08-2015, 06:04 PM
Rhino I will make it super easy for you. Follow this list exactly so you know what to order and how much it will cost. This is what you should save up to buy.
porter cable 7424xp DA
Meguiars 5" backing plate
Meguiars 3" backing plate
Meguiars microfiber cutting disks (they come in 2 packs) 5" and 3"
Meguiars microfiber finishing disks (they come in 2 packs) 5" and 3"
( personally I would get 4 disks of each to make it easier I'll explain later why but 4 should be all you need.)
One bottle of Meguiars microfiber correction compound
One bottle of Meguiars finishing wax

Let me know when you save up enough to get all of this and I can help you with how to use the system. Meguiars made this system so easy is not even funny.

Me? I think you meant Adam. Haha I appreciate the tips but I don't have the time or desire for that much detailing lol. But thanks for the product suggestions!

RhinoZ24
02-08-2015, 06:04 PM
buffer would get rid of some scratches and scuffs but I will get a da buffer and do windows and stuff. But I don't think it needs rubbing compound. Or is that what gets rid of the swirls?

Rubbing compound will cause scratches

djfllmn
02-08-2015, 06:18 PM
Rubbing compound will cause scratches

false...it will cause some swirling but that is why there is polish

Ford Fan#1
02-08-2015, 06:31 PM
false...it will cause some swirling but that is why there is polish so all I would need Is polish? Or so I need to buy like $200 worth of stuff

djfllmn
02-08-2015, 06:40 PM
so all I would need Is polish? Or so I need to buy like $200 worth of stuff

200 dollars

Ford Fan#1
02-08-2015, 06:41 PM
200 dollars fun... Haha so everything that was listed above?

djfllmn
02-08-2015, 06:42 PM
i didnt read that far back

Ford Fan#1
02-08-2015, 06:42 PM
( corrected ) Adam I will make it super easy for you. Follow this list exactly so you know what to order and how much it will cost. This is what you should save up to buy. porter cable 7424xp DA Meguiars 5" backing plate Meguiars 3" backing plate Meguiars microfiber cutting disks (they come in 2 packs) 5" and 3" Meguiars microfiber finishing disks (they come in 2 packs) 5" and 3" ( personally I would get 4 disks of each to make it easier I'll explain later why but 4 should be all you need.) One bottle of Meguiars microfiber correction compound One bottle of Meguiars finishing wax Let me know when you save up enough to get all of this and I can help you with how to use the system. Meguiars made this system so easy is not even funny. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk does this sound about right @dj?

djfllmn
02-08-2015, 06:45 PM
yep...ive used that stuff at work..instead of the DA correction compound and finishing wax get a bottle of 100 pro speed compound and 205 ultra fine finishing polish

Ford Fan#1
02-08-2015, 06:49 PM
yep...ive used that stuff at work..instead of the DA correction compound and finishing wax get a bottle of 100 pro speed compound and 205 ultra fine finishing polish those are brands right? Sounds like top of the line fancy stuff

djfllmn
02-08-2015, 06:50 PM
meguiars 100 and 205

Ford Fan#1
02-08-2015, 06:52 PM
meguiars 100 and 205 oh haha okay. I didn't know they had any with numbers on them.

RhinoZ24
02-08-2015, 07:00 PM
false...it will cause some swirling but that is why there is polish

Yeah and it wears off, leaving scratches lol. Did that one and never will again.

Jersey_Joe
02-08-2015, 09:19 PM
Yeah and it wears off, leaving scratches lol. Did that one and never will again. Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows, Toyota's the Turd

It will some small swirls. But polish then wax then sealer with a DA buffer paint will look 10 feet deep. Ever time

Jersey_Joe
02-08-2015, 09:19 PM
Every

Jersey_Joe
02-08-2015, 09:21 PM
All wax wears off. You have to start deep in the paint and keep a layer of protectant on it constantly for it to b perfect. Winter months around here are tuff. But if u spray wax every other wash u should b fine

blacked_out
02-08-2015, 10:11 PM
All wax wears off. You have to start deep in the paint and keep a layer of protectant on it constantly for it to b perfect. Winter months around here are tuff. But if u spray wax every other wash u should b fine

Absolutely correct. If you are that dedicated and invest in the list I gave you to start then you could clean other people's cars(friends and family) to make the money back. Detailing is a sickness and once you get it it's hard to shake. Especially once you get into it. It never ending. As far as the spray wax I use duragloss aqua wax. It's more of a spray sealant and last 3 months or so.

RhinoZ24
02-09-2015, 02:54 AM
I used to have it bad, then between work and school, time disappeared. I'm lucky if I wash my truck every few months now.

Ford Fan#1
02-09-2015, 06:38 AM
Absolutely correct. If you are that dedicated and invest in the list I gave you to start then you could clean other people's cars(friends and family) to make the money back. Detailing is a sickness and once you get it it's hard to shake. Especially once you get into it. It never ending. As far as the spray wax I use duragloss aqua wax. It's more of a spray sealant and last 3 months or so. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk huh. That's interesting. I'll look at that

Grabber70Mach
02-09-2015, 08:09 AM
What are the best ways to clean your foam DA pads and microfiber pads and cloths after using them?

From infinity and beyond.

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.

Ford Fan#1
02-09-2015, 08:22 AM
What are the best ways to clean your foam DA pads and microfiber pads and cloths after using them? From infinity and beyond. Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy. I was wondering that too.

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 08:34 AM
What are the best ways to clean your foam DA pads and microfiber pads and cloths after using them? From infinity and beyond. Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
AutoGeek (http://www.autogeekmobile.net/controller)
So many different ways to clean the used pass. Here are a few.

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 08:35 AM
AutoGeek (http://www.autogeekmobile.net/controller)

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 08:36 AM
Not really working how it used too. Auto geek has a lot of great products. To clean ur pads and microfibers

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 08:51 AM
BLACKFIRE Advanced Pad Cleaner & Restorer (http://www.autogeekmobile.net/blackfire-pad-cleaner.html)

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 08:55 AM
Ok. That worked lol. I'm using the app. Sorry yall. So. This is what I use. There are plenty of other products with different prices on auto geek. I use blackfire. And love it btw. So of course I use the same product for cleaning. This product is used for the pads. They give u a small scraper also. Works great and keeps the pads good as new. Way better than spending the money for new ones. I usually get 3 application out of it. They say I can get more but I'm anal and only go for 3 applications with the pad. I'm ditching for what I clean the fibers with too. Lu just throw em in the washer with this solution And yes of course it's safe for your washer. Just Gota find it

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Listen fellas. That site offers a lot of brands besides blackfire. That just happins to b mine. And I've can't beat there prices. And know how. There svc dept is very helpful too. They just go beyond the sale

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 08:57 AM
Ok. That worked lol. I'm using the app. Sorry yall. So. This is what I use. There are plenty of other products with different prices on auto geek. I use blackfire. And love it btw. So of course I use the same product for cleaning. This product is used for the pads. They give u a small scraper also. Works great and keeps the pads good as new. Way better than spending the money for new ones. I usually get 3 application out of it. They say I can get more but I'm anal and only go for 3 applications with the pad. I'm ditching for what I clean the fibers with too. Lu just throw em in the washer with this solution And yes of course it's safe for your washer. Just Gota find it SEARCHING! Not ditching

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 08:59 AM
BLACKFIRE Microfiber Cleaner & Restorer (http://www.autogeekmobile.net/blackfire-microfiber-cleaner.html)

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 09:01 AM
Like I said. There are there on the site that are very good. I just use this one. It's just like a stable bottle. Has the measuring cup right on it. And works great. I use great microfibers and this restores them fantastic. Hope I helped

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 09:07 AM
Gliptone (http://www.gliptone.com/towels.htm)

I use towels from gliptone. They also have great cleaning products and prices. But there towels R the bomb. Enjoy. Hope I helped

Grabber70Mach
02-09-2015, 09:19 AM
Thanks for the info Joe, glad to hear there are products I can use in my washer. I have one that's dedicated to my work clothes, dog towels and car cleaning cloths. I have looked at Autogeek inn the past but never bought anything from them, recently stayed using some products from The Chemical Guys and have been pleased with them.

Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the info Joe, glad to hear there are products I can use in my washer. I have one that's dedicated to my work clothes, dog towels and car cleaning cloths. I have looked at Autogeek inn the past but never bought anything from them, recently stayed using some products from The Chemical Guys and have been pleased with them. From infinity and beyond. Never argue with a Moron, they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
Np buddy. That was the big thing with me. Washer safe. There out there fer sure

RhinoZ24
02-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Not really working how it used too. Auto geek has a lot of great products. To clean ur pads and microfibers

Uh huh...just trying to get your post count up haha jk

RhinoZ24
02-09-2015, 10:52 AM
You had like 10 in a row haha. But thanks for the info!

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 10:55 AM
Posts R a little diff now with the update. I'm not an over poster. U got balls lol. No prob. All that stuff is pretty reasonably priced considering how great that product works

RhinoZ24
02-09-2015, 10:57 AM
I noticed haha and just giving you grief brother. And maybe if I own a Shelby one day I'll buy the expensive stuff like that.

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 10:58 AM
Lol

RhinoZ24
02-09-2015, 11:18 AM
I wish I had both the money and space right now, I really want to keep my truck and have a Mustang GT at the same time lol.

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 12:29 PM
I wish I had both the money and space right now, I really want to keep my truck and have a Mustang GT at the same time lol.
U will.

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 12:29 PM
I know u will

RhinoZ24
02-09-2015, 03:11 PM
Yeah in the future hopefully lol. I'm talking about right now haha.

Jersey_Joe
02-09-2015, 03:13 PM
Lol

RhinoZ24
02-09-2015, 03:19 PM
I want something with more power that I can race occasionally and get a little better mpg around town (only like 3mpg more though haha).

blacked_out
02-09-2015, 06:19 PM
Cleaning mf pad are different from foam a little. Compressed air is best or you can use a pad cleaning brush. You just don't want spent product/clear coat residue to gunk up the pad.

djfllmn
02-09-2015, 06:36 PM
ill just leave this here

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i439/djfllmn/34CFDD1F-2804-4E6C-BCC4-FFF7F9CCD6B8_zpsza480lvu.jpg (http://s1093.photobucket.com/user/djfllmn/media/34CFDD1F-2804-4E6C-BCC4-FFF7F9CCD6B8_zpsza480lvu.jpg.html)

Ford Fan#1
02-09-2015, 06:48 PM
ill just leave this here nice. Used car or your truck?

djfllmn
02-09-2015, 06:53 PM
used car

black 2013 mustang

Ford Fan#1
02-09-2015, 07:00 PM
used car black 2013 mustang sweet

blacked_out
02-09-2015, 08:31 PM
205 should be a detailers staple. Looks great.

blacked_out
02-09-2015, 08:37 PM
What are the best ways to clean your foam DA pads and microfiber pads and cloths after using them?

When your done with the pads I have a grit guard pad washer. If you don't want to spend 125 bucks on it then just run them underwater then drip some dawn on them. Then work it in with your fingers and rinse. Fold it in half to ring out any water or put it back on the polisher and run in a bucket so you don't splatter yourself until it's somewhat dry. If you want to go a little further you can throw it in the washer on gentle then either air dry or spin it on your polisher. Once it's dry I store them in zip locks so that they don't get dirt on them.

blacked_out
02-09-2015, 08:38 PM
Jeez this thread really got jacked. Sorry guys

Ford Fan#1
02-09-2015, 09:14 PM
Jeez this thread really got jacked. Sorry guys Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk eh it's almost 3 years old so who cares lmao

RhinoZ24
02-10-2015, 01:13 AM
Exactly lol

Dodge Sucks, Chevy Swallows

Grabber70Mach
02-10-2015, 07:47 AM
When your done with the pads I have a grit guard pad washer. If you don't want to spend 125 bucks on it then just run them underwater then drip some dawn on them. Then work it in with your fingers and rinse. Fold it in half to ring out any water or put it back on the polisher and run in a bucket so you don't splatter yourself until it's somewhat dry. If you want to go a little further you can throw it in the washer on gentle then either air dry or spin it on your polisher. Once it's dry I store them in zip locks so that they don't get dirt on them.

Thanks for the proper procedure, I had looked at the pad washer but just can't justify spending that much at this time. But maybe one-day.

blacked_out
02-10-2015, 10:13 AM
Haha wow I didn't realize it's from 2012. Grabber, I would only buy a pad washer if you detail for money. I use dawn because it's safe and a very good at getting in the pores of the pad.

Ford Fan#1
02-10-2015, 10:20 AM
Haha wow I didn't realize it's from 2012. Grabber, I would only buy a pad washer if you detail for money. I use dawn because it's safe and a very good at getting in the pores of the pad. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk it's fine about that. This fourm isn't that big. So we won't get pissed. Although on the other fourm the reaction might not be the same..

Jersey_Joe
02-10-2015, 10:46 AM
We r pretty easy here. No worries

RhinoZ24
02-10-2015, 12:48 PM
We r pretty easy here. No worries

X2, unless your username is DryBread haha.

Ford Fan#1
02-10-2015, 02:01 PM
X2, unless your username is DryBread haha. lmao that dude was a joke

5star
02-13-2015, 09:40 AM
Seems like I always gravitate back to TurboWax or Mothers.

RhinoZ24
02-13-2015, 03:53 PM
Seems like I always gravitate back to TurboWax or Mothers.

Haven't tried Mothers wax, but their plastic protectant does wonders for my truck.

QuickSilver
03-24-2015, 08:16 PM
About to wax my XTR this spring turtle wax versus mothers? I thought mothers was just showroom and not real world

RhinoZ24
03-25-2015, 01:47 AM
About to wax my XTR this spring turtle wax versus mothers? I thought mothers was just showroom and not real world

No either works, both are great products. I personally like TurtleWax for wax, but I use Mothers Protectant for my plastic trim and it works really well.

----------

Both brands are good