PDA

View Full Version : Lockers

danruff93
04-18-2012, 05:16 PM
I've been looking into getting a locker I'm not sure which one to get but I do a lot of city driving
I've been thinking the PowerTrax no slip

danruff93
04-19-2012, 10:34 PM
Anyone?

mhillgardner
04-21-2012, 09:24 PM
What year of truck and which diff?

danruff93
04-22-2012, 03:37 PM
2000 and 8.8

mhillgardner
05-10-2012, 11:52 AM
Depends on what you are doing with the truck. You can go with a Detroit Tru Trac mechanical locker. These are not selectable and make a hell of a noise when they engage. Great for strip applications or mud drags. You can buy a mini spool which eliminates your spider gears, same thing as above but totally locked solid. "Lincoln Locker"--- same idea as a spool but cheap as borscht, and you run the risk of warping gears and bearings, and leaving spatter in the diff as you weld the spider gears solid. (I would only do this in a derby car or such)

In my opinion, buying a selectable locker is the best bang for you buck. They run a little more money but are really versatile as you can run locked or open. I've had both air lockers and electric lockers, both have there ups and downs. Air lockers work great but you need to pay attention to moisture in colder climates as the lines tend to freeze. Electric lockers work great but ensure your wiring is done right and maintained as we all now how great water and electricity are together.

Hope this is helpful. Sorry it took so long to get back to you.

danruff93
05-14-2012, 06:21 PM
I got an Aussie locker a week ago and love it