PDA

View Full Version : Throttle by wire

zgoldwingman
03-22-2012, 07:26 PM
Got an 05, with 70,000mi. Twice in the last 5,000 miles, my throttle, ie; accelerator quit working. Engine still idles but doesn't rev. All forward (or reverse) motion is lost. Shut key off, waited 15 seconds or so, restarted and took off again. That was the second time about 3 days ago. The first time, did the same thing, and went to a friends Service Center immediately, he put his code reader on it and erased the error, and it has been ok for about 8 months until 3 days ago. Am I needing a new throttle assy. or whatever it is called ?

kozal01
03-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Hmm I dont know, I havent heard of this happening. What did you buddy at the service center say about it?

zgoldwingman
04-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Hmm I dont know, I havent heard of this happening. What did you buddy at the service center say about it?

He said eventually I would have to replace the part. Don't remember now the proper name for it. But I do remember "expensive".

chuck
04-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Got an 05, with 70,000mi. Twice in the last 5,000 miles, my throttle, ie; accelerator quit working. Engine still idles but doesn't rev. All forward (or reverse) motion is lost. Shut key off, waited 15 seconds or so, restarted and took off again. That was the second time about 3 days ago. The first time, did the same thing, and went to a friends Service Center immediately, he put his code reader on it and erased the error, and it has been ok for about 8 months until 3 days ago. Am I needing a new throttle assy. or whatever it is called ?

Throttle position sensor. Just under air filter or close. Linked to air throttle.

----------

Changed mine 2005. 5.4 TPS. Throttle position sensor. Did not help. Now I just get emergency engine shutdown I put in neutral shut off motor restart and go. I believe the dealer did this to guarantee we will have to come back $$$$$