PDA

View Full Version : Runs Rough After It Rains

mshelby
03-16-2012, 07:38 AM
Well, the title says mostly all of it. Other details are that it doesn't seem to idle rough, but when you drive and get up over 40mph then it starts to sputter. Seems to only do this after a heavy rain or a heavy dew. Any suggestions to eliminate this problem are welcome!

bigred5.4l
03-26-2012, 02:24 AM
Water getting into the fuel?? Sorry man that's a tough question

rangerwheelinmike
03-27-2012, 12:37 AM
maybe a bad coil pack? maybe when it was dry you could mist it down with a spray bottle and see if you can make it do it ???

codwel09
08-24-2012, 10:32 AM
It may just be as simple as the plug space when the coil connects has moisture in it. You won't notice it in hot weather but as soon as it gets cool enough to rain the moisture forms droplets and could cause it. This may sound stupid but quick fix would be to use a hair dryer to evaporate the moisture and then try it and see if it helps. Just an educated guess

Jersey_Joe
08-24-2012, 02:57 PM
I'm going to say u have moisture in or around your coil packs. Check engine light? If no light u may just have one going bad and the moisture isn't helping u. Easy fix. Scan it. And if it's throwing a code. Find out what the code is and I'm gonna bet its a coil pack. I've had the same prob in my fX4. Easy fix

Raptor05121
08-24-2012, 10:30 PM
I'm going to say u have moisture in or around your coil packs. Check engine light? If no light u may just have one going bad and the moisture isn't helping u. Easy fix. Scan it. And if it's throwing a code. Find out what the code is and I'm gonna bet its a coil pack. I've had the same prob in my fX4. Easy fix

Yup. This is very common to people who wash their engines. I'd start with some dielectric grease around the COPs. If the problem persists, narrow it down to which cylinder is giving the problem.