PDA

View Full Version : Coolant Leak or Heater Core Leak??

02F150-5.4L
03-04-2012, 12:29 PM
Hello-

I have a 2002 F150, 5.4L engine, with about 130k miles on the truck. Recently the truck has started to leak a sweet smell (just like radiator fluid) under the passenger side of the truck. I crawled under the truck and can see that the fluid is slowly dripping down from the body of the truck.

My question is: is it a radiator leak or a heater core leak?? There is a lot of radiator smell inside the truck but when I pulled the carpet back there is no fluid on the floor and the carpet is not wet.

I have to say that I have never changed the radiator fluid but plan on it once I find the leak.

BURNSY
03-05-2012, 05:49 AM
There is no leaks in the engine compartment? I would probably be leaning towards the heater core myself. Does your windshield get fogged up on that side at all?

Raptor05121
03-05-2012, 11:00 AM
I'm betting heater core. It was probably the line going into it, hence why it didn't get the carpet soaked.

joshua
03-09-2012, 10:09 AM
It must be your heater core must be leaking under the engine that must cuss the dripping on the passenger side of the truck or it could be you must have a crake some were around the engine try put some antifreezes and than look were it is leaking from.