PDA

View Full Version : Story of the day .......

BURNSY
02-17-2012, 07:03 AM
So, I decide i want to upgrade my HID system from 5k non bi-xenon (no hi lo selection),to the 6k bi-xenon (has hi lo selection). I know how to do the installation of course, so I started it. When I was done, the lights were not changing from high to low? I go to where I bought the stuff from, and after about an hour he does not know either. He makes a few calls, and finds out that the kit he ordered does not have that capability. He tells me that he needs to order me a different kit and it will be more money! Mind you, I have already removed everything from my original set up that had a few relays and extra wiring. Now I am face with the inability to use my headlights for a few days because I have to work an will not have a chance to complete this. We conjure up a way to have working headlights temporarily. But, it gets worse ......

I am also replacing my HID fog lights with the 6k (replacing the 5ks). He offers to put them in, I say sure since I really do not want to mess with this anymore since I am thoroughly aggravated over a loss of several hours of my time. He proceeds to install them and is having trouble getting the bulbs to go in. OUt comes his channel locks! I ask casually .... what are those for? He said that sometimes the bulbs can be tricky to put in. I explaineed to him that I have removed them several times for various reasons, and have never needed pliers for plastic fitting to plastic! None the less, he ends up breaking the fitting on my fog light housing! He moves over to the other one ... and wouldn't you know, breaks that one too! He rolls out from under my truck, and the HID bulb is bend quite a bit at the biddle of the assembly! Holy Crap !! What the heck was he doing under there. So now I am face with poor lighting on my headlights and no foglights what-so-ever !!!!

It took a little convincing, but he agreed to replace all that has been damaged and he will pay for it. I told him that I will install everything myself (which will be another couple of hours).

It is frustrating when you go somewhere and someone does not put the same care into your vehicle as you would. I always have been fearful of going somewhere to have something done. When I do go, I try to be right there for that exact reason. I am not saying that all places are not honest, but what if I was someone who did not know better, he could have said "well .. the things were broke already" or something!

So thats my story .......

HAPPY FRIDAY !!!!!!! :D:D:D

Raptor05121
02-17-2012, 01:29 PM
Thats what happens when you get crap. PnP HIDs do not belong in reflector housings. Crappy output, you blind people, and in the end its all a scam. just hope your truck doesnt go up in flames from them.

Bothe
02-17-2012, 02:03 PM
I know how you feel. I took my ranger in to get a new exhaust system installed and the shop popped one of my tires and didnt tell me about it! And to make things worse i didnt have a spare since it was used about a month before and hadnt replaced it yet. I had to drive about 20 miles to my home town(stopped 3 times on the way to put air in the tire). I took it to my local Les Schwab and they told me i had a cut on the side wall so it would have started losing air immediately so I know they had to have done because they had my truck for 2 hours and it would have only taken a short time for it to get flat. So then i go to replace it and they dont carry the tire i needed so i had to leave and go somehwere else that did. After all that was done I call up the place and they of course deny it ever happened so my trip to get a new exhaust cost me an extra $150 plus i replaced my spare too, but that was my own choise. Needless to say I know exactly how you feel about having other people do the work. They never treat things how they should be

Raptor05121
02-17-2012, 09:05 PM
Call the BBB on them. That really scares people