PDA

View Full Version : Pressure washer - Any reccomendations?

Big Slick
07-16-2013, 06:03 AM
I'm in the market for a pressure washer to help clean my truck as well as for around the house. I'm trying to keep it between 3-400 and I'd prefer to go gas powered. Do any of you have any recommendations? Do any of you use pressure washers to clean your vehicles? Are they even safe to use on a vehicle?

Jersey_Joe
07-16-2013, 03:31 PM
I'm in the market for a pressure washer to help clean my truck as well as for around the house. I'm trying to keep it between 3-400 and I'd prefer to go gas powered. Do any of you have any recommendations? Do any of you use pressure washers to clean your vehicles? Are they even safe to use on a vehicle?

Slick I have never used a pressure washer to wash a vehicle. Will it damage? Who knows. But I've never tried. Nor do I wanna take the risk ya know? A normal garden hose would prob b better for paint. But I'm sure Home Depot or lowes. Or harbor freight will have a descent one for what you r willing to pay. Good luck

kozal01
07-16-2013, 03:37 PM
I wouldnt recommend a power washer for washing your truck but thats just me. Theya re great for around the house though, I use mine alot. Mine is a Toro, it was around $500 new though.

masonic
07-16-2013, 06:40 PM
I always go to the car wash to clean my truck, I have a gas powered at home but that thing can peel your skin off. I also have an electric one and that's more reasonable for a truck. It's like $200 at Canadian tire, Walmart, home hardware, etc. I need a pressure washer, there's no way I can clean off 3 inches of mud with a garden hose.

5.0Flareside
07-16-2013, 08:16 PM
A small electric one from harbor freight is nice. Not too powerful to harm the paint.. Also is powerful enough to get lots f junk clean and useful around the house

Gotta remember the quarter washes down the street are pressure wash type power system. And no harm done..

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

mr minze
10-15-2013, 05:14 PM
I have a power washer that I use on my truck. Gas powered,but I just use the right tip for the sprayer,and does no harm to the paint. It cost me around $300. It's a Toro, with a 2500 psi. I love it.

Black13gt
11-22-2013, 08:49 PM
I use a John Deere Pressure washer and use the proper tip for a car. You can get different tips that make more or less pressure by the angle of the hole. It is much easier to clean mud out of hard to reach spots with a pressure washer than a regular hose with a nozzle. You also have to keep in mind that if the pump freezes during storage you will have a bad day. I drain it and pour a little antifreeze into the pump.