PDA

View Full Version : ac help

fordfreek94
07-06-2013, 11:44 PM
Ok so I got a 2001 f150 crewcab 5.4 4x4...I hve no cold air..I put it on panel nd nothing but hot air..its like the temp is stuck on hot..ac does the same.. also to note I ran seafoam threw vac system 3 times...nd the first 2 times the air got cold for bout 3 days then went bac to only hot..3rd time did no change..so I need help..I am not a top mechanic nd I cn do small things so break it down for me and tell me step by step wat I should do plz anything will help...wanna try to fix b4 I bring to mechanic

RhinoZ24
07-07-2013, 01:00 AM
Never run Seafoam through your vac lines again, you can really mess up your engine by doing that, just saying. Has your A/C system ever been recharged? Might need to be. Also, try flushing your A/C condenser. Any high temp warnings on the engine gauges?

masonic
07-07-2013, 03:45 AM
Recharge the a/c

fordfreek94
07-07-2013, 08:19 AM
Seafoam doesnt hurt anything? And ac is charged like I said I cnt change temp...its like its stuck on hot

----------

And my engine temp is running normal

----------

Also note it doesnt blow hot air on just ac it does it on panal or floor or defrost as well

Jersey_Joe
07-07-2013, 08:53 AM
Seafoam is prob the worst product on the market bud. I wouldn't put that in anything

fordfreek94
07-07-2013, 10:13 AM
Ok thx for help..ps seafoam works nothing rong with it as long as u use it rite..but if u wanna comment on seafoam move on I need help wit air I was pointing out tht it has somthing to do with vaccum system...only ppl no wat they are talkin bout nd wanna help plz comment..others plz move the f*** on thx

masonic
07-07-2013, 10:37 AM
Just some friendly advice, no need to get testy.

Jersey_Joe
07-07-2013, 11:05 AM
Ok thx for help..ps seafoam works nothing rong with it as long as u use it rite..but if u wanna comment on seafoam move on I need help wit air I was pointing out tht it has somthing to do with vaccum system...only ppl no wat they are talkin bout nd wanna help plz comment..others plz move the f*** on thx

No need to get upset pal. Just Tryin to let u know that using seafoam in your vacuum lines is bad. The only thing that should b in your vaccum lines. Is air.

----------

Oh and it's prob your condenser pump. It's not running so your getting warm air.

----------

And just so u know. We like to break stones here but everyone here try's to help everyone here. Know what I mean? So no need to be rude. I can prob answer ever ?? About your truck because I have one. And hve also rebuilt the whole truck ground up. So good luck with your AC Ps. Check the condenser. But start with your freon pressure. Maybe u have a leak. Those lines tend to go in 8-10 years

Jersey_Joe
07-07-2013, 11:21 AM
And if u have charged it then ur condenser is leaking. Here. See this. This is your condenser. Check all lines for any leaks

I would start there

Jersey_Joe
07-07-2013, 11:26 AM
And just so u know cuz I wasn't Tryin to jab at u. Im just not a fan of seafoam. The only big time test on seafoam that's out there is law mowers boats and dirt bikes. Seafoam cleans just as good as brake cleaner. Would u put brake cleaner in those lines? Prob not lol. I have two high hp motors. One is 1500hp and one is 522hp. I would never use seafoam in any of them. Ever. I did my research on seafoam and came up with that. Take it with a grain of salt man. I'm just trying to educate u that's all. Good luck with ur AC

RhinoZ24
07-07-2013, 12:07 PM

Flush your condenser, or check for leaks like Joe said. Also, when was the last time the coolant was flushed/level checked? Ford uses dummy gauges from what I've heard, so it may still read in the middle in the temp gauge when in reality it's running a little hot. Just won't show up because it's within an acceptable range. If your engine is running hotter, it will affect the performance of your A/C.

Raptor05121
07-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Turn A/C to max with fan speed to four and thermostat to cold. Open the hood and see if the compressor clutch is spinning. If its not, it is jammed. If it is spinning on and off every second or so, you have low refrigerant.

----------

Turn A/C to max with fan speed to four and thermostat to cold. Open the hood and see if the both the compressor clutch AND engine fan are spinning. If its not, the clutch plate/spring is broken. If it is spinning on and off every second or so, you have low refrigerant OR no low pressure over the condenser (which means fans arent pulling air)

fordfreek94
07-07-2013, 04:11 PM
Ok clutch is moving and condeser gets cold and ac is charged and holds charge..coolent is all good temp is running great

----------

Plus its not just ac tht does it the panel throws hot air..its like temp control isnt workin

RhinoZ24
07-07-2013, 04:58 PM
Then this could be a wiring problem if the condenser and lines and fans are all good. I'm not sure if there's a fuse just for the A/C, but check your fuses. If not there, you might have to take apart the dash to get to the actual switch.

Mudking76
07-07-2013, 05:59 PM
I'm new here but it does sound electrical to me also. Climate control could be it if on a Lariat? Only thing that I question is why it worked a few days after you "Sea foamed It ". Just thinking on my 83 the air will blow out defrost vent if low vacuum. Could the blend door me vacuum operated ??? Not quite sure on your year but most hvac systems are the same?? I would try temporarily disconnect the heater core an then there would be no heat in blend box ?

Good luck!!

fordfreek94
07-07-2013, 06:35 PM
Isnt there a vac motor in..more so an actuator tht alows u to change temp?

Mudking76
07-09-2013, 12:14 AM
Yes there is a blend door in hvac box but I am pretty sure yours is electrically operated??

fordfreek94
07-09-2013, 04:47 PM
Are u sure bc there just has to be somthing conected to vac system..bc wen I put seafoam threw it it worked

fordrules
07-09-2013, 09:29 PM
Check heater valve where your heater hoses are under the hood. There sould be a vacuum operated selonoid with a plastic vacuum hose attached.over time these get brittle and cracked.the selonoid closes of water supply to heater core when not needed. I have a 96 ranger that did that and would get so hot inside cab you sweat your ass off! It may just be disconnected.