PDA

View Full Version : Edge Evolution

54D18
07-01-2013, 07:03 PM
Hi all, just found this forum, looks great.

I've been looking at an Edge Evolution programmer for my 06 5.4L

They seem to have a lot to offer, I tow a travel trailer and would like abut more performance.

Any thoughts out there in bit land??

badazzfseries
07-01-2013, 07:17 PM
No doubt tuners are pretty sweet I have a a 97 with the 4.6 doesnt tow very well but once I got my tuner man its a world of difference and the the perfomance tunes are alright I had really high expectation I figured Id punch that bad boy in and it would just go gt 500 on my ass but it is a noticable gain

----------

Do not do not do not buy it used though I bought one a while back from a guy on craigslist and when I went to flash it to my truck an error code came up on the tuner so I call the manufacturer and they tell me that it is locked to his truck long story short the guy put a perfomance tune on his truck then sold the bricked tuner to me and it was useless so he got the tune and his money back and I was SOL ..thourghly inspect befor you buy a used one

RhinoZ24
07-01-2013, 10:43 PM
I have the Edge Evolution on my '05 4.6L and boy has it sure made a difference. The 3 levels are a great offer, I usually keep it in Level 2 which is towing mode. Gives it a nice little boost in power. Great buy, and Edge's customer service dept. is the best I've ever experienced. Top notch products and customer service. I would recommend them.

----------

Also welcome to the forum!! And the Evolution is nice because you can also view up to 4 parameters of the engine at the same time. Btw, if you get one, buy from Autoanything.com, free shipping within the U.S., no sales tax except in CA, and they usually have a sale going on.

54D18
07-02-2013, 08:29 PM
I checked out auto anything, I live in Canada and there would be a shipping charge, and shipping is with UPS, not the best shipping for us. However, TDOT Performance is Canadian, free shipping, but with taxes, comes out to slightly more but without border crossing issues, so long story short, I'm going to order there.

Still pondering the evolution or the CS,
Comments anyone??

RhinoZ24
07-02-2013, 09:25 PM
From when I researched, the evolution doesn't look as nice in appearance or have the LCD screen, but it has more power gains than the CS. That's why I chose it. Well that and it was $100 cheaper lol.

kozal01
07-03-2013, 03:15 AM
The edge is a great tuner, dont be scared to buy used, just make the seller prove that he set his truck back to stock before he removed it so it will be unlocked. I bought mine used and its just fine.

lee reece
07-03-2013, 05:32 PM
That's good advise Patrick !! ^x2^

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App

54D18
07-04-2013, 04:36 AM
Ok, I ordered my evolution last night, looking forward to experimenting with it.

Thanks for all the feedback...

RhinoZ24
07-04-2013, 11:06 AM
Awesome! You'll live it man! Let us know what you think about it when you get it.

54D18
07-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Has anyone tried any of the custom tunes
Available, I read somewhere about Gryphon tunes? Just curious about other people's opinions.

T

kozal01
07-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Has anyone tried any of the custom tunes
Available, I read somewhere about Gryphon tunes? Just curious about other people's opinions.

T

Custom tunes will always be better than canned tunes but PHP's customer service has not been stellar lately. I do plan to send my Edge to them eventually for custom tunes but I've been happy with my Edge tunes so far.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using F150 App

54D18
07-04-2013, 08:06 PM
Do you have to send it to them? I thought I read somewhere that it can be done from a PC at home with some downloaded software?

Jersey_Joe
07-04-2013, 08:21 PM
It is. But u can call customer Svs and they will walk u through it. Great service over there. Ryno talked about how good they were so I got one. Just on his review. There great.

RhinoZ24
07-05-2013, 01:31 AM
It is. But u can call customer Svs and they will walk u through it. Great service over there. Ryno talked about how good they were so I got one. Just on his review. There great.

Glad I could help you make that choice lol.

54D18
07-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Ok, got the evolution installed, running level 1 for now, what is the best level for best fuel economy, does anyone have some tried and tested custom settings for economy and also for towing?

RhinoZ24
07-09-2013, 10:19 PM
Ok, got the evolution installed, running level 1 for now, what is the best level for best fuel economy, does anyone have some tried and tested custom settings for economy and also for towing?

The best mode for economy is controlling your foot lol. I leave mine in the level 2 towing mode all the time and try to drive with a light foot even though it's no fun. You can mess with the custom setting to adjust for any other mods you have. Be warned though, Edge doesn't cover you if you create custom settings and it messes up your truck.

54D18
09-08-2013, 07:58 AM
So we made a round trip trailering vacation of about 2500km and all I can say is there was a very noticeable difference in my opinion, I am uncertain as to whether or not there was a power difference or not, but the shifting was better, and the throttle response much better. Another contributing factor may be the fact that I now have the tire size right and the speedometer is right on.

All and all, very happy...

RhinoZ24
09-08-2013, 12:22 PM
So we made a round trip trailering vacation of about 2500km and all I can say is there was a very noticeable difference in my opinion, I am uncertain as to whether or not there was a power difference or not, but the shifting was better, and the throttle response much better. Another contributing factor may be the fact that I now have the tire size right and the speedometer is right on.

All and all, very happy...

Glad to hear you're satisfied with the Evolution. I love mine.

lee reece
09-08-2013, 12:26 PM
X2^ Ryan

2007 F150 XLT FX2 SPORT - 5.4l 3V 3.73 LIMITED SLIP

Jersey_Joe
09-08-2013, 08:31 PM
X3^^