PDA

View Full Version : Perfomancd chip

briannn
06-27-2013, 11:25 PM
I want a k&n air intake a performance chip tailgate light bar and interior led or blue lights to put inside of my truck
I have no clue where to get any of this
Also no idea what the best options I have with out having to spend an arm and a leg.
As far as the chip goes I want one with decent gas mileage for a decent price. Any suggestions guys?

----------

I also want to see about getting a touch screen navigation installed onto my dash kit. Without having to kill myself with the price

masonic
06-27-2013, 11:32 PM
You can get a programmer for like $200-$400. All the accessories you want can be found online. I know a few of the guys on here have some favourite sites. I prefer buying straight from local wholesalers. That's we're I got my HIDs, tailgate light bar, leveling kit, LED fog lights, cold airs. Lots of guys I know buy Edge programmers around here and they work awesome.

briannn
06-28-2013, 12:21 AM
I wanna do so much to my truck but I want a 97-03 4x4 f150!
I greatly appreciate all the help y'all give me

RhinoZ24
06-28-2013, 01:12 AM
Autoanything.com has the best deals online. Check them out.

5.0Flareside
06-28-2013, 06:13 AM
What year truck ya got?

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Ford Power

briannn
06-28-2013, 11:35 AM
2010 4.6

RhinoZ24
06-29-2013, 03:17 PM
2010 4.6

2V or 3V?

briannn
06-30-2013, 12:15 AM
Pretty sure it's a 2v

It's like the most basic model of stx but I've customized it. And in February if my dad buys my truck I want to get a 2000 - 2003 F150 4x4 with leather and the 5.4 L. Engine
But for now I will continue to tune my truck for me to enjoy.
Also would I be able to use like 89 or 93 gas? Instead of 87 because I've heard the higher ones are better and more fuel efficient money isn't really a big concept to me when it comes to gas. But my trucks EZ FUEL gas cap says e20-e75 with a cancel mark around it.

RhinoZ24
06-30-2013, 02:27 AM
No, it's a waste of money and won't get you better gas mileage at all. Our trucks were designed for 87 and that's what you should give it. I run 89, but that because I have a programmer. Higher octane is for higher compression and performance motors. If you go to high you'll burn up your engine. All the octane rating is, is the resistance of the fuel to burn, meaning a higher ignition/combustion temperature.

Jersey_Joe
06-30-2013, 08:40 AM
Pretty sure it's a 2v

It's like the most basic model of stx but I've customized it. And in February if my dad buys my truck I want to get a 2000 - 2003 F150 4x4 with leather and the 5.4 L. Engine
But for now I will continue to tune my truck for me to enjoy.
Also would I be able to use like 89 or 93 gas? Instead of 87 because I've heard the higher ones are better and more fuel efficient money isn't really a big concept to me when it comes to gas. But my trucks EZ FUEL gas cap says e20-e75 with a cancel mark around it.

You should by mine. Got everything u want. And way more

briannn
06-30-2013, 01:53 PM
Joe I love your truck bud.
Only thing I would do to yours is take off the back glass guard
add keyless entry
Weather tech floors mats and tint the windows.
Bedliner and a truck box. Get a different grille and rims
But I have a weird way I like to set up vehicles.
Like for mine I wanted strict black but when I had my ranger and jeep I did chrome with gray and black trim.

----------

Joe how many miles do you got on it and how much are you looking to get?

Jersey_Joe
06-30-2013, 02:55 PM
Joe I love your truck bud.
Only thing I would do to yours is take off the back glass guard
add keyless entry
Weather tech floors mats and tint the windows.
Bedliner and a truck box. Get a different grille and rims
But I have a weird way I like to set up vehicles.
Like for mine I wanted strict black but when I had my ranger and jeep I did chrome with gray and black trim.

----------

Joe how many miles do you got on it and how much are you looking to get?

Has keyless weather techs in it, has a tool box and a sprayed liner. Windows were tinted. To many tix lol. It has everything bro. Killer radio and all.

----------

Well. The body has 170. New motor,tranny, front and rear axles, and transfer case. Realistically it has 23 k on it. Engine has a 100k warranty from Ford. I bought there crate motor. 522hp at the crank and it gets 18 mph. Respectfully it's worth 10,000$$

----------

Radio is all connected to ur iPhone. Nav iPod everything.

----------

Check my profile pics if ya like. Got plenty of pic in there of here. Plus motor swap