PDA

View Full Version : Polishing Toolbox. What product to use?

2004XLT5.4LTritonV84X4
06-18-2013, 12:57 PM
Alright guys, I need some ideas on what to use to polish my diamond plate toolbox. I bought it off Craigslist about two weeks ago and I want to get it to really shine, its fairly clean.....he'd taken care of it, but there's still some road grime on it. I tried Meguiers Chrome Polish, and some Turtle Wax rubbing compound, both worked somewhat, but still didn't get all the stuff off even wish some really hard work. Thanks guys!

Jersey_Joe
06-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Man ill b honest. I polished and polished and polished. Well leme tell ya. I got tired of polishing. I plasti dipped my tool box. Black. To match my Ryno liner. Best thing I ever did. But a good aluminum polish and mayb an orbital polisher or some elbow grease and it should look good

joshpickworth
06-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Mothers brand name aluminum polish works great!!!!!

2004XLT5.4LTritonV84X4
06-19-2013, 09:14 AM
I really want to get it powder coated black....but I don't have the money to do it right now. I work on a farm, and am always out on dirt roads, so keeping my truck clean is kinda a joke, let alone my toolbox. I tried my Meguiers again last night, really didn't work that great......maybe ill try that Mothers!

Jersey_Joe
06-19-2013, 10:23 AM
Matt not fer nothin. U can get a dura liner spray at any parts store Works good. Needs like two er three coats and will b alot cheep er than powder coat and takes a few hrs. Looks good. Ooooooooorah! SIMPER FI!

----------

Read ur profile. Lol