PDA

View Full Version : another exhaust form

jamiefree2
06-16-2013, 03:53 AM
So I have an 05 4.6 true duals no mufflers just cats and I'm thinking about taking those off and putting flowmaster super 10s or just the 40 ones just cerious if.anyone's done that cause I'm thinking so

jamie

RhinoZ24
06-16-2013, 12:20 PM
It will make it louder if you delete the cats. The 40 series is loud because that's what I have on my '05 4.6, and the 10 is louder. However, keep in mind that if you delete the cats you will lose some low end torque.

Carolina Boostin
06-16-2013, 08:12 PM
A super 44 is between a 40 and the 10 it sounds real nice on my 4.6

jamiefree2
06-16-2013, 09:04 PM
I like mine now and love when its cold but I want crackle

jamie

Carolina Boostin
06-17-2013, 05:31 AM
Crackle??

Jersey_Joe
06-17-2013, 05:34 AM
The back pressure crackle. Better on a manual tranny downshift but ok in a truck

Carolina Boostin
06-17-2013, 07:00 AM
The back pressure crackle. Better on a manual tranny downshift but ok in a truck

Like when it pops?
Heck when I let of my fiancee tells me my truck has gas and farted lol

Jersey_Joe
06-17-2013, 10:17 AM
Haha

RhinoZ24
06-17-2013, 10:56 AM
I like mine now and love when its cold but I want crackle

jamie

I can do that with my cats still on lol. Just gotta make it downshift or go really fast and let off the gas.

irish-sean
06-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Hey new this site! Just got my truck Friday looking to make it sound a little better than the wife's Toyota! Haha ! Any ideals ??

----------

I have a 2011 FX 4f ecoboost looking to make it sound a little more throaty

RhinoZ24
06-19-2013, 12:42 AM
Hey new this site! Just got my truck Friday looking to make it sound a little better than the wife's Toyota! Haha ! Any ideals ??

----------

I have a 2011 FX 4f ecoboost looking to make it sound a little more throaty

Welcome to the forum!! How throaty are you talking? Flowmaster will give you the loudest sound. But I've heard that Borla and Magnaflow make some nice systems for the Ecoboost. Gives it the perfect tone.

mavman514
09-28-2013, 08:33 PM
My 97 F150 with a 4.6 has all 4 cats, and 3 inch Y pipe into a single MAGNAFLOW stainless and 3 inch tail pipe exiting ahead of right rear wheel.... about same location as Lightnings.... nice rumble, and not a bit of drone like Flowmasters have...

RhinoZ24
10-06-2013, 08:27 PM
My 97 F150 with a 4.6 has all 4 cats, and 3 inch Y pipe into a single MAGNAFLOW stainless and 3 inch tail pipe exiting ahead of right rear wheel.... about same location as Lightnings.... nice rumble, and not a bit of drone like Flowmasters have...

Hey, I like my dronemaster system lol.

masonic
10-07-2013, 09:21 PM
4" aFe atlas exhaust for my ecoboost. Opinions?

RhinoZ24
10-07-2013, 10:46 PM
To be honest, I didn't even know aFe made exhaust systems lol. But they make great air intake products. Is it single exit or dual?

----------

And 4"? My Flowmaster is only 3" and that's for a V8 lol

masonic
10-08-2013, 12:08 AM
It's a single. http://youtu.be/VgtGaCNIj1A

RhinoZ24
10-08-2013, 05:07 PM
I know YouTube never does exhaust tones justice, but that sounds pretty damn good. The revving lets those turbos be heard and that take off sounds pretty beastly for a V6. I'd get that thing for sure.

masonic
10-08-2013, 10:00 PM
I think I like it! It's the first one I've heard that gets me excited. I was at a job site and I was dragging out leaving for so long because I wanted this dude to come out and drive away with the one on his truck. He took too long though.

----------

That 4" looks a little ridiculous, but I've seen an 8" haha wow.

RhinoZ24
10-08-2013, 11:12 PM
I think I like it! It's the first one I've heard that gets me excited. I was at a job site and I was dragging out leaving for so long because I wanted this dude to come out and drive away with the one on his truck. He took too long though.

----------

That 4" looks a little ridiculous, but I've seen an 8" haha wow.

Yeah like I said, my system is 3" with 3 and 1/2" tips. 4" is pushing it lol. And I hope that 8" tip was on a diesel.

Mbrockman5
10-18-2013, 10:35 AM
I've got an 04 f150 with the 5.4L, and I'm a Magnaflow man. Has anyone had any experience with the Magnaflow Glass pack? I'm undecided about whether to go with a regular Muffler or a glass pack.

joshpickworth
10-18-2013, 04:22 PM
Rhino is yours a duel exhaust or single

RhinoZ24
10-18-2013, 05:37 PM
Dual, just not true dual. I have the Series 40 muffler SI/DO

Jersey_Joe
10-19-2013, 02:19 PM
Well my exhaust took a crap today. Almost done bending and welding. Lol. New 40 series all three inch pipe with new stainless tips. Once I get her down from the lift ill throw up some picks

masonic
10-19-2013, 03:00 PM
What happened

RhinoZ24
10-19-2013, 03:23 PM
Well my exhaust took a crap today. Almost done bending and welding. Lol. New 40 series all three inch pipe with new stainless tips. Once I get her down from the lift ill throw up some picks

Oooh shiny new tips lol. Sucks but at least you already have a new setup lol.

Jersey_Joe
10-19-2013, 04:07 PM
Well. I've heard a small leak from the collecter on my headers. So I heated it up cause its a compression clamp and not a gasket clamp. Compressed the two and walla problem solved right? No. Turns out I tore a nice little slit in my 700 hooker headers. Yeah. Kill yourself right? So. I tack that up all nicey nice and then a weld breaks the from the now newly tightened clamp. And it was about time anyway fer new pipes. I made my own mounting brackets too. Sounds good. Real deep. Gota break in tho. Can't wait

Jersey_Joe
10-19-2013, 04:08 PM

Jersey_Joe
10-19-2013, 04:11 PM
Oooh shiny new tips lol. Sucks but at least you already have a new setup lol.

They sell pipe and the muffler and tips at a local parts store. That was the easy part. Bending it all up and making them level and even. That's an art lol. But with the brackets I made out of round bar came out good. They had it so I grabbed some. I think it came out ok. What ya think?

----------

And yes before u say it. I know. I need tires. Haha. There comin lol

cooperf150-06
10-19-2013, 04:54 PM
They sell pipe and the muffler and tips at a local parts store. That was the easy part. Bending it all up and making them level and even. That's an art lol. But with the brackets I made out of round bar came out good. They had it so I grabbed some. I think it came out ok. What ya think? ---------- And yes before u say it. I know. I need tires. Haha. There comin lol

We'll u can look at it two ways, needing new tires or u have racing slicks for the track lol

Jersey_Joe
10-19-2013, 05:04 PM
Ha. She makes her way on there once in awhile. Lol. Just been puttin it off. 1200$ lol. That's a pecker and 3 nuts if u ask me lol. But at least the whole exhaust is updated

----------

I'm glad ur not lurking in the shadows coop lol. U see the hangers? Need some feedback. Lol. I know it's only round bar but. I thought it came out preaty clean. What u think

cooperf150-06
10-19-2013, 05:29 PM
Looks great, I would probably throw some exhaust/heat paint on it before the salt starts flying. I lurk because I set back and learn from u guys. I come out as needed haha

RhinoZ24
10-19-2013, 05:49 PM
Looks great to me Joe, hangers look pretty professionally made to me. Almost like a whole Flowmaster system. And all nice and shiny and clean...for now lol.

Jersey_Joe
10-19-2013, 06:23 PM
Looks great to me Joe, hangers look pretty professionally made to me. Almost like a whole Flowmaster system. And all nice and shiny and clean...for now lol.

Thanks man. I thought it looked cool too. Shines and nice

----------

Looks great, I would probably throw some exhaust/heat paint on it before the salt starts flying. I lurk because I set back and learn from u guys. I come out as needed haha

I was thinkin that too lol

----------

And thank u coop lol

joshpickworth
10-19-2013, 07:20 PM
You got a mandrel bender joe? Did you go with stainless pipe and what'd it cost ya to do it??????

Jersey_Joe
10-19-2013, 08:02 PM
You got a mandrel bender joe? Did you go with stainless pipe and what'd it cost ya to do it??????

Josh. I don't personally own one. But have access to one. 200$ muffler pipes and tips. All stainless. I've accumulated some points at the store I use so I cashed em in

----------

Josh. I don't personally own one. But have access to one. 200$ muffler pipes and tips. All stainless. I've accumulated some points at the store I use so I cashed em in

But I can weld. And I can use the machine. I love that ish

joshpickworth
10-20-2013, 01:24 PM
I weld for a living but we don't have a mandrel bender at work and I hate laying under a vehicle welding, but there's a guy bout thirty miles away that'll do manifolds back, 3 inch stainless cheaper than I can buy a cat back kit and install it my self

Jersey_Joe
10-20-2013, 02:17 PM
I weld for a living but we don't have a mandrel bender at work and I hate laying under a vehicle welding, but there's a guy bout thirty miles away that'll do manifolds back, 3 inch stainless cheaper than I can buy a cat back kit and install it my self

Damn dude. I gota fly u up. I got me some stuff to weld up haha I'm making a safari rack for the top of my truck right now. Killer light rack with a basket cage and some nice lighting all the way around. And enough room for my two coolers. When I go Campin I load the back with wood and I'm kinda tired of settin up camp by headlights. Then having my coolers on my toolbox. Can no see lol. So it's a win win fer me. Just have to find the mesh I'm lookin for to lay in it. That if I keep my Shelby. I'm gonna put a sick cage in it. It has a Shelby cage in it now just the way I ordered it. But. I'd like to sturdy her up a little more. The upgraded set up I have now is at its limit I think. But. That's if I keep it lol

RhinoZ24
10-20-2013, 04:42 PM
What, are you planning on crashing your Shelby Joe? Lol jk

Jersey_Joe
10-20-2013, 04:47 PM
No. But she is def at her limit. It's almost 3 times the power as brand new. Time for another upgrade. It's all super snake stuff now. But she needs an upgrade if she stays. 40k takes her. I want a 14 50th Anniversary car.

----------

But the new pipes sound good. Waitin for it to break in so it gets loud er I'm puttin super 10 bullets on it

joshpickworth
10-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Damn dude. I gota fly u up. I got me some stuff to weld up haha I'm making a safari rack for the top of my truck right now. Killer light rack with a basket cage and some nice lighting all the way around. And enough room for my two coolers. When I go Campin I load the back with wood and I'm kinda tired of settin up camp by headlights. Then having my coolers on my toolbox. Can no see lol. So it's a win win fer me. Just have to find the mesh I'm lookin for to lay in it. That if I keep my Shelby. I'm gonna put a sick cage in it. It has a Shelby cage in it now just the way I ordered it. But. I'd like to sturdy her up a little more. The upgraded set up I have now is at its limit I think. But. That's if I keep it lolyeah I do a lot of structural and pipe welding, stick, mig, flux core. I can Tig weld stainless and mild steel and eventually wanna try getting into chrome Molly and aluminum, but for only being 21 I think I got a lot under my belt lol I'm trying to get in the railroad repairing train cars and when that happens I'm gonna save all my doe and build me a shop, I wanna get into roll cages, exhausts, rail buggy frames ect. Do custom and mobile welding

Jersey_Joe
10-20-2013, 08:03 PM
Keep me posted bud

joshpickworth
10-20-2013, 08:42 PM

My next project, gotta completely re do the top part of the frame

Jersey_Joe
10-21-2013, 03:33 AM
Very cool