PDA

View Full Version : Rear end?!?

joshpickworth
05-29-2013, 12:32 PM
When I turn corners and sometimes when I start off or go in reverse there's a vibration in the rear end, has anyone had this problem?!?

RhinoZ24
05-29-2013, 01:13 PM
How bad of a vibration? And a little more detail too lol. I have a slight vibration, but I attribute that to having almost no weight on the rear end. It likes to move around a lot.

joshpickworth
05-29-2013, 01:16 PM
It's not horrible, doesn't always do it, was wondering if it could be the locker cause its limited slip and I would say its prob from doing burnouts, probably not the best thing for a limited slip rear end

Jersey_Joe
05-29-2013, 02:50 PM
It's not horrible, doesn't always do it, was wondering if it could be the locker cause its limited slip and I would say its prob from doing burnouts, probably not the best thing for a limited slip rear end

Nope. U nailed that one. Good in the dirt. Not on the road. It's prob ur pinion gear

joshpickworth
05-29-2013, 03:55 PM
Well guess I better scrape the mud off and take it to the dealer, it's under warranty still

RhinoZ24
05-29-2013, 05:34 PM
Well guess I better scrape the mud off and take it to the dealer, it's under warranty still

Lucky for you lol

joshpickworth
05-29-2013, 07:43 PM
Best money I've ever spent!!! So far it's paid for one gear and pinion, paid for some sensor for the exhaust in the heads and hopefully this! I'm thinking about just driving it till it wipes out completely so they have to fix the whole rear end!

Jersey_Joe
05-29-2013, 08:06 PM
Best money I've ever spent!!! So far it's paid for one gear and pinion, paid for some sensor for the exhaust in the heads and hopefully this! I'm thinking about just driving it till it wipes out completely so they have to fix the whole rear end!

There is a history? They may have tightened your pinion gear to much. Does it get ridiculous hot? U check ur gear oil? Did they put the differential fluid in? That has to be in there!

joshpickworth
05-29-2013, 08:17 PM
Yeah they did all that, but like I said burnoughts don't help, especially when I'm leaving them a good 1000 feet! I definitely think it me not the service lol

----------

Put it this way, I got a power train warranty so I'm trying to get something to give before it expires, so far the rear end has Been the weakest link

Jersey_Joe
05-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Hahaha. Good luck my friend.

joshpickworth
06-11-2013, 11:34 AM
so it rained pretty good the other day and when the pavement is wet there's no vibration, also I forgot that I have a brand new tire on that got put on the back when I rotated my tires and the other three have like 3/8 to a quarter inch tread left? Any input would be appreciated

RhinoZ24
06-11-2013, 11:39 AM
So when driving on wet pavement, the vibration goes away completely?

joshpickworth
06-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Yeah it's strange but no vibration, but it did it before I put that tire on the back.....I've heard some tires make vibrations but there stock so idk

joshpickworth
10-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Finally took my truck into the dealership, guess it was the cluthes in the rear axel