PDA

View Full Version : RWD Lift Kit

baldyman
05-14-2013, 09:12 PM
I have a RWD 2004 XLT. I do a lot of towing/hauling with it and although it isnt a 4x4 i'd like to lift it 2"-4". What would be my best route for a lift? I dont really want to level it and have the back lower than the front when it's loaded up. I also dont want to spend an arm and a leg lol

RhinoZ24
05-14-2013, 10:36 PM
Well lifting it will level it, or else your truck is going to look really funny with a lower front end and a lifted back end when you're not towing anything (more so than it is now lol). And there's a few guys on here with suggestions for brands. I've heard Rugged Country is pretty decent. And for the route you take, pick a kit, install it with some buddies or take it to a mechanic or lift shop to do it, get your tires aligned, and eventually look for bigger tires to match the lift.

----------

Also Autoanything.com has a great selection of lift kits for our model year trucks. That ensures it'll fit, plus there's user reviews for our exact trucks which should give you some good feedback on the quality of the kit.

baldyman
05-15-2013, 06:27 AM
i was thinking more of lifting the front and rear equally. but i dont really know anything way to lift the rear than by adding a leaf. i still want to have a smooth ride as well.

and alright thanks i'll check out autoanything.com!

joshpickworth
05-15-2013, 06:59 AM
Don't you mean rough country?

RhinoZ24
05-15-2013, 12:30 PM
Don't you mean rough country?

That might be it, like I said, I'm not the lift expert lol.