PDA

View Full Version : Engine mods anyone?

2004XLT5.4LTritonV84X4
01-29-2012, 06:17 PM
Not sure if this is the right spot for this thread....but I'll give it a try.
So I just bought my 04 F150 two and a half weeks ago and I'm trying to figure out what mods I might want to put on it when I get the money. It may be next fall before I can do much, but I want to start looking into stuff and figuring out what's good and what's not. It's the 5.4L V8 and I'm thinking to start with engine performance mods and then go to lift, beadlocks, Warn winch, etc later on.
I have been looking at the Banks Power Pack stuff, and am wondering if anyone has done the Powerpack on a 5.4L (or parts of the Powerpack on one). I really like the look of the Banks products, however, I have looked at the SuperChip tuner, K&N cold air intake, flowmast exhaust, MagnaFlow exhaust, etc as far as other brands.
Also what about problems with transmission not being able to handle the extra power with the tuner etc? Thanks for your help guys!:cool:

fx4150
02-20-2012, 11:43 PM
I have an k&n cold air intake on my 04 fx4 with the 5.4l and I would recommend it.

kozal01
02-21-2012, 06:21 AM
No engine mods besides my Edge programmer.

dixie_boysles
02-21-2012, 08:32 AM
I have the Gotts Mod, Dual Exhaust, and SCT XCal2 w/ custom performance tunes and you can definitely tell a difference from stock!

2004XLT5.4LTritonV84X4
02-23-2012, 01:11 AM
So, I like performance for sure! But have any of you noticed a jump in mileage? Especially with an intake???? I'm guessing that the best would be to put an intake and an exhaust/exhaust and headers on it to open both ends up and let 'em breath.......Thoughts?

----------

I drive a decent amount...I'm in college so I don't really like the idea of spending a ton on fuel if I can get some performance, and some mileage out of some mods....I have put just over 2,200 mile on my truck in the month and almost a half since I got it...(got it Jan. 10th)