PDA

View Full Version : Free Live Chat?

DarkFox
04-02-2013, 07:46 PM
So, on previous forums I've been on, we've enjoyed a few different versions of a live chat function. The simplest one was http://xat.com/web_gear/chat.php, found on the bottom of the page.
I don't know what you guys think, but it might be a good way to increase activity. Just a thought.

RhinoZ24
04-02-2013, 08:49 PM
Kinda like a Skype or oovoo kind of thing? That'd be cool to get to put faces to names.

DarkFox
04-02-2013, 09:04 PM
No, that's not what this is, but that's an idea, too! I figured we could take it in baby steps and just add a little live chat to the bottom of every page. I'm sure Tom could code it into the forum layout fairly easily, too. But I'll do some searching tomorrow for an easy Skype/ooVoo-type chat, as well. Good idea.

RhinoZ24
04-02-2013, 09:26 PM
Alright, it still sounds cool though.

5.0Flareside
04-14-2013, 01:42 PM
dont use skype.. it's easily hackable and is simple to get peoples IP's and then people can DDOS them.. trust me ya dont wanna go though that.. i've been though it..

DarkFox
04-14-2013, 09:23 PM
Well, you've reminded me to look for alternatives. But I was really just thinking something that we can use at anytime, always available and simple to use. I know that link I posted provides that, if coded in correctly.