PDA

View Full Version : 07 Lincoln Mark LT 5.4 p0171 p0720

2001Harley4x4
03-25-2013, 10:02 PM
Hey guys, so I bought this truck, it has 21k miles on it, needed some repairs. Done most of them but having a helluva time getting the engine/tranny to run right.

My motor light, exclamation point light, and abs light are all on (no service engine soon light) It has a miss so I'm in the process of tracking that down. (P0171) Doing a vacuum test tomorrow. And checking fuses. But would this be causing the p0720 output shaft sensor problem too?

The heat shield was demolished on the driver side from the wreck it was in so I suppose it could be getting too hot and fried the OSS but just too much of coincidence it's that at same time as the misfire.

The tranny doesn't shift right, shifts 1, 2 but like nothing there in 3, replaced electronics on the bottom, same thing. Read on here and the other forum the misfire could be causing the tranny problems so that's why trying to track down what is causing the misfire.

Thoughts?

lee reece
03-26-2013, 07:59 PM
Was wrecked ? What kind of damage did it have? Could haves fried circuits in system/s ? Sounds like multiple circuit problems to me! Any more info you can give?

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App