PDA

View Full Version : Paint protection?

dave76
03-24-2013, 06:57 PM
Ok. So while I wait for my truck I went into the dealership to get all the paperwork done so when it comes in I can just go. They of course want to sell you extended warranties, rust modules, maintenance plans etc.... The only one I'm kind of considering is the paint protection because the truck is black.
Anyone have any experience with it. Is it a worthwhile product?

masonic
03-24-2013, 07:23 PM
I have the paint protection, I'm told I come back every year to get it re-done. I think it was done just before I bought it because the black looked brand new, not a scratch in it. I don't know what it's worth because the guy I bought the truck from said he paid for it so I don't know if its worth the price.

Sent from your mums house

Jersey_Joe
03-24-2013, 08:03 PM
I'm not really familiar with it. But what does it intail? I would def consider it Sounds like a good thing

RhinoZ24
03-24-2013, 08:23 PM
I would probably get it if it wasn't too much extra money. I sure wish I had that so I could get a new coat on my truck.

Jersey_Joe
03-25-2013, 02:20 PM
Ok. So while I wait for my truck I went into the dealership to get all the paperwork done so when it comes in I can just go. They of course want to sell you extended warranties, rust modules, maintenance plans etc.... The only one I'm kind of considering is the paint protection because the truck is black.
Anyone have any experience with it. Is it a worthwhile product?

Anyword? Curious to hear bout this one

dave76
03-26-2013, 11:53 AM
Anyword? Curious to hear bout this one

So I think I'm gonna pass on it. It's $700.00 and I don't know if its with it. Shouldn't it come with good paint? I'm just gonna make sure I wax it twice a year and get the bird **** off it as quickly as possible. It just seems a little too expensive. If I wasn't getting a black truck I don't think I'd consider it at all.
I've never gotten it before and I kind of enjoy waxing my truck with some tunes and a couple beers. I don't know if you can even wax it after its been paint protected.
Don't know if I'm making the right decision but with the money I save I can buy the really expensive wax and still be up 650.00.

RhinoZ24
03-26-2013, 12:14 PM
What exactly is it, just some special paint coating?

masonic
03-26-2013, 11:41 PM
What exactly is it, just some special paint coating?

All it says in my papers is it's paint sealant. I go back once a year and it gets re-applied and so do my seats with fabric protectant. All I know is every time I wash my truck is that it looks freshly waxed and water beads off. Also I probably don't want to smell my seats too long or I'll get high. I've noticed the little swirls are starting to show up if you catch the right light. I give paint sealant a 9/10

Sent from your mums house

RhinoZ24
03-27-2013, 01:05 AM
Lmao, drive with the windows down I guess lol. And that's pretty cool, wish I had that.