PDA

View Full Version : reving

SaGe_of_the_6pAths
03-19-2013, 10:30 PM
ust got a 2010 crew cab 5.4l f150 and when I slow down to a stop the engine revvs up a little bit and then goes to a normal sounding idle. does anyone no if that's normal?

RhinoZ24
03-19-2013, 10:46 PM
While your slowing down it does? Or right after you stop? And how much rev up are you talking about, just a slight rise in rpm, or a large rise (like a couple hundred to a thousand)?

----------

Welcome to the forum and nice truck btw!

Jersey_Joe
03-20-2013, 05:04 AM
If its what I think it is. Yes it's normal. But if it is an drastic increase then no it's not normal. When I installed a new tq converter in mine it did that a bit until I reprogrammed everything in the Dyno How much of an increase r we talkin bout

SaGe_of_the_6pAths
03-20-2013, 06:34 PM
thanx Rhino, I love my new truck.... it's more like a little rev. like if a were to slightly bump the gas pedal. my step dad said something like it might be rev matching. I'm an electrician not a truck guy...yet

----------

also to further answer.. it does it as im almost at a stop....

RhinoZ24
03-20-2013, 06:49 PM
thanx Rhino, I love my new truck.... it's more like a little rev. like if a were to slightly bump the gas pedal. my step dad said something like it might be rev matching. I'm an electrician not a truck guy...yet

----------

also to further answer.. it does it as im almost at a stop....

They're great trucks, glad you're enjoying yours. And how many RPM's around? A slight bump to the gas could mean a lot lol. Can you give me an estimate? And it's usually normal as you slow down your truck down shifts to maintain RPM's so that you don't stall, its natural for it to rev up a little bit. My truck does it all the time, just the gears shifting down. But how much rev are you talking about approx?

SaGe_of_the_6pAths
03-21-2013, 06:21 PM
the revs in rpm's are probably 100-200 and sometimes it does it twice

RhinoZ24
03-21-2013, 06:36 PM
That's normal my friend. Just the truck downshifting as you come to a stop. Mine does it twice consecutively sometimes too, nothing to worry about.

SaGe_of_the_6pAths
03-21-2013, 08:54 PM
cool thanx for the info

RhinoZ24
03-21-2013, 09:05 PM
No problem, glad I could help. You'll get used to it after a while too.