PDA

View Full Version : Sputter on 1-2 shift at wot

codwel09
03-19-2013, 09:36 PM
05 5.4L SCrew just replaced the spark plugs 14000 ago. Edge programmer on towing with a few custom options. IE shift firmness and shift point on 2-3 and 3-4. Havent messed with wot percentage. Its not really a sputter but the engine almost quits. Wot from stop and as soon as it goes to shift from 1-2 it sputters like quits once comes back and then does it again all in about a couple seconds. Any info? If I can get a video posted I'll try or maybe a sound clip.

----------

I'm gonna return it back to stock tomorrow and see if that fixes it. Let everyone know as soon I do.

RhinoZ24
03-19-2013, 10:50 PM
That's what I would do, I've heard of programmers causing problems like this before. Yes, put it back to stock and see, if it fixes it then it's your programmer. Call Edge as they have great customer service and should be able to help you figure it out and send you an update/fix. Try that, but if it persists come back, and a video/sound clip would definitely be helpful too. Good luck!

Jersey_Joe
03-20-2013, 05:01 AM
U change ur coils too?

codwel09
03-20-2013, 05:46 AM
Will do, I'll try that and see if it helps. No I haven't changed the could yet Joe but at the moment that's a bit out of the price range unless I can figure out which one is causing the problem and replace that one specifically. Ha

Jersey_Joe
03-20-2013, 07:03 AM
Well u would throw a code if it was. Or u can disconnect each one an see if the motor idles correctly. Or if it doesn't change at all. U may be able to find the one that is bad or gettin weak

RhinoZ24
03-20-2013, 07:28 AM
I still would try the programmer first. Easy to do.

codwel09
03-21-2013, 05:54 PM
Ok, so I switched it to just the trani level and instead or sputtering a few times between it only does it once. Also switched it to stock and it wouldn't even down shift getting on the interstate which is mostly when I see it, cause I like to get carried away lol. I'll post a video when I get home from class.

RhinoZ24
03-21-2013, 06:35 PM
It sounds like the programmer was messing something up.

codwel09
03-21-2013, 07:35 PM
I'm thinking maybe I can mess with shift times for a fix?

RhinoZ24
03-21-2013, 07:38 PM
Possibly, you can try making them higher or lower. But I'd call Edge and see if they can make a fix for you.

codwel09
03-21-2013, 09:01 PM
10-4 I will see if I can send em an email. Last time they were rather quick on a reply.

RhinoZ24
03-21-2013, 09:09 PM
Yeah they have great customer service, I just got my Edge Evolution a couple weeks ago and had a minor problem. Called them up and one of the tech guys walked me through it to fix the prob. Really friendly and know what they're talking about. Not outsourced to some other country either lol.

codwel09
03-21-2013, 09:15 PM
Well can't post a video and you can't really hear it on my phone with video anyhow. We'll see if I can't get a sound clip of it on towing mode so I can send that to edge too. See if I can't set a link to it from like Facebook or something if I get a good one.

----------

Yea its great to have some customer service. There's a thread on here where mine locked while I was updating it. They sent me a new update a few days later after I sent an email. And yes they know what they are talking about.

RhinoZ24
03-21-2013, 09:34 PM
Well can't post a video and you can't really hear it on my phone with video anyhow. We'll see if I can't get a sound clip of it on towing mode so I can send that to edge too. See if I can't set a link to it from like Facebook or something if I get a good one.

----------

Yea its great to have some customer service. There's a thread on here where mine locked while I was updating it. They sent me a new update a few days later after I sent an email. And yes they know what they are talking about.

Yeah, quality company and quality products, probably the best choice I made was getting a programmer for my truck and going with Edge.