PDA

View Full Version : Leveling kits.

dave76
03-13-2013, 04:33 PM
Wondering about putting a 2 inch kit on the front of my lariat. Don't even have the truck yet but I like the look when there levelled. Not sure what it will do to fuel economy. Planning on leaving the 20" tires it will come with.

Any thoughts. Is it worth while?

RhinoZ24
03-13-2013, 05:34 PM
Depends what you mean by worth while lol. It'll look a lot nicer if it's leveled. Your MPG's won't suffer too bad, maybe .5mpg at most, but probably not even that much. What engine did you get with it out of curiosity?

dave76
03-13-2013, 05:57 PM
Depends what you mean by worth while lol. It'll look a lot nicer if it's leveled. Your MPG's won't suffer too bad, maybe .5mpg at most, but probably not even that much. What engine did you get with it out of curiosity?

Went with the ecoboost. Also curious as to the actual mpg it will get.

RhinoZ24
03-13-2013, 06:25 PM
Well depends on where your driving temperature wise, and how you drive, more city or highway. The Ecoboost takes awhile to break in before you start seeing numbers close to those advertised. Plus the nation is still using winter blend gas, so MPG's will be down about 1-2 mpg. After we switch back to summer blend and your engine gets broken in, your mileage will be around the adverts, depending in how you drive though.

----------

Great engine though and I've heard higher grade gas helps mileage and power with it. If you drive highway you'll easily see over 20mpg if you drive sensibly.

dave76
03-13-2013, 06:39 PM
Well, I'm near Hamilton Ontario so the winter months won't help. Snowing right now. -5c. I went with the 3.31 gear ratio. To maximize mpg. Not doing any offroading. Test drove a few Ecoboosts. Tones of balls. Currently driving a 4cyl Tacoma (my trade in). No balls.

----------

Thanks for the input.

masonic
03-13-2013, 06:49 PM
I'm getting 20 mpg on good days, 18 on average. 17 right now since I've gotten my leveling kit in, but I'm not driving smart, been punching it down the city streets and hitting puddles. 2011 ecoboost fx4.

dave76
03-13-2013, 07:00 PM
I'm getting 20 mpg on good days, 18 on average. 17 right now since I've gotten my leveling kit in, but I'm not driving smart, been punching it down the city streets and hitting puddles. 2011 ecoboost fx4.

Thanks. Great looking truck. What's the gear ratio on your truck? The fx4 is set up more for offroading so I'm guessing 3.73? I'm waiting on a lariat. Not set up for offroading.

RhinoZ24
03-13-2013, 07:18 PM
No prob for the input lol, it's what we're all here for. Make sure you post up some pics when you get your new toy too! And yeah right choice going from Toyota to Ford, a lot more balls with Ford haha.

dave76
03-13-2013, 07:21 PM
No prob for the input lol, it's what we're all here for. Make sure you post up some pics when you get your new toy too! And yeah right choice going from Toyota to Ford, a lot more balls with Ford haha.

I will. Is yours posted?

masonic
03-13-2013, 09:07 PM
Thanks. Great looking truck. What's the gear ratio on your truck? The fx4 is set up more for offroading so I'm guessing 3.73? I'm waiting on a lariat. Not set up for offroading.

Yeah 3.73 it's an offroader.

RhinoZ24
03-13-2013, 09:37 PM
I will. Is yours posted?

Yeah look in the member garages and you'll find mine, it called the Blue Bomb. Also in my profile pic. There's a lot more pictures of it in the new contest thread in the contests section under photo contest. You'll find it lol.

Jersey_Joe
03-14-2013, 05:22 AM
Yeah 3.73 it's an offroader.

3.73 is an off and off roader. 3.73 is almost bullet proof. Almost. It hooks like beast

dave76
03-14-2013, 06:20 AM
Yeah look in the member garages and you'll find mine, it called the Blue Bomb. Also in my profile pic. There's a lot more pictures of it in the new contest thread in the contests section under photo contest. You'll find it lol.

Great call posting the cleaning products you used. Helpful. I'd rather not spend money figuring it out on my own. Also, great looking truck.

RhinoZ24
03-14-2013, 07:24 AM
Great call posting the cleaning products you used. Helpful. I'd rather not spend money figuring it out on my own. Also, great looking truck.

Thanks man! I try to keep her looking good. We can help you do the same with yours.

Jersey_Joe
03-14-2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks man! I try to keep her looking good. We can help you do the same with yours.

What did u lost kid. Cause I hit ur name and it goes to ur profile. But no pics or list

----------

List

RhinoZ24
03-14-2013, 03:28 PM
What did u lost kid. Cause I hit ur name and it goes to ur profile. But no pics or list

----------

List

Look in the member garges section under the blue bomb lol. Thats a few pictures and my mods.
For the rest of the pictures of my truck you have to go to the contests section under photo contests and in the new contest thread. You'll see it from when I posted them during Christmas time when I cleaned her up real nice lol.