PDA

View Full Version : ight guys im still havin problems when I start up

badazzfseries
02-20-2013, 05:55 PM
For some reason when I start out im smokin and theres a sour smell for a min and my truck idles and runs rough ....I can put the throttle to the floor and it boggs for awhile and then its like it clears right out and I dont have any problems till I park for awhile other then sometimes randomly it idles rough at red lights somebody tell me what this is

RhinoZ24
02-20-2013, 06:08 PM
The rough idle and bogging out sounds like a clogged fuel system. As for the smell Idk.

badazzfseries
02-20-2013, 07:26 PM
I thought about that but that dont explain why it keeps happenin and I t clears out ...every body says it smells like gas

----------

Could it be coil packs ..I just changed plugs and wires a month ago

RhinoZ24
02-20-2013, 07:39 PM
The gas smell then can be a result of not torquing down your plugs enough, it's a common thing. Supposed to be torqued to 25-28ft-lbs I believe. That would be the gas smell if it just started after you changed the plugs. The coil packs could be going bad too, that would explain the bogging out/loss of power. How many miles do you have on your truck again?

Raptor05121
02-20-2013, 08:04 PM
Ryan, you're trying to diagnose his problems separately when in fact they are all related.

OP, do you have any CELs? It wouldn't hurt to clean the MAF and IAC while the main root may be the emissions system. A raw odor of fuel is most of the time the catalytic converters, so going back upstream, your EGR may be faulty, or could be tied back into the MAF or IAC.

badazzfseries
02-20-2013, 08:09 PM
I did have an check engine for 02 and egr but it has not come back since I cleared it cleaned thw maf a month ago egr makes since

RhinoZ24
02-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Ryan, you're trying to diagnose his problems separately when in fact they are all related.

OP, do you have any CELs? It wouldn't hurt to clean the MAF and IAC while the main root may be the emissions system. A raw odor of fuel is most of the time the catalytic converters, so going back upstream, your EGR may be faulty, or could be tied back into the MAF or IAC.

I'm still learning lol. Just thought since he said that he changed his plugs recently, that might explain the gas smell.

Raptor05121
02-20-2013, 11:22 PM
I know ya'll have only a few threads, but if there was gas coming out of the threads, yo **** would be on fire, son!

RhinoZ24
02-20-2013, 11:58 PM
Haha yeah, that would be bad, very, very bad lol.

Jersey_Joe
02-21-2013, 04:10 AM
I thought about that but that dont explain why it keeps happenin and I t clears out ...every body says it smells like gas

----------

Could it be coil packs ..I just changed plugs and wires a month ago

Well first of all. If u have coils. U don't have wires. Wires r a thing of the past now. Lol Second. Check ur oil. U have anti freeze in ur oil? Third. Check cylinder 4. Pass side all the way back towards firewall. U may be fouling ur plug. It killing ur coil pack. Ford has a prob fouling that out because the windshield wiper tray leaks condensation onto that cylinder ford knows about the prob and developed a kit to fix. They will not recall because its nota safety issue. Unless its safety ford won't recall. Good luck

lee reece
03-12-2013, 10:56 PM
Sounds like the catalytic converter is stopped up to me with the unusual smell and loss of power!! This had happend to me and seen few others with similar !

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App