PDA

View Full Version : Front differential leaking please help

Schance75
04-02-2018, 08:24 PM
Hi everyone, I知 new here. I just purchased a 2010 f150 4.63v 4x4. Shortly after I noticed that my front differential is leaking on the drivers side where the shaft goes into the actual differential. That was a big bummer to find after my purchase. I can稚 find any diagram for it. I知 trying to figure out if the seal is something I can replace or should I let a machanic handle that. I am mechanically inclined and have worked on many vehicles all my life but this is my first dealings with a 4x4. Any help or insight is greatly appreaciated

Schance75
04-03-2018, 07:14 PM
[QUOTE=Schance75;125719]Hi everyone, I知 new here. I just purchased a 2010 f150 4.63v 4x4. Shortly after I noticed that my front differential is leaking on the drivers side where the shaft goes into the actual differential. That was a big bummer to find after my purchase. I can稚 find any diagram for it. I知 trying to figure out if the seal is something I can replace or should I let a machanic handle that. I am mechanically inclined and have worked on many vehicles all my life but this is my first dealings with a 4x4. Any help or insight is greatly appreaciated[/QUOTE

Just wondering if I知 asking the wrong question here. There gotta be someone who has some knowledge on this issue. I know I知 a newbie but please anyone??

Schance75
04-07-2018, 09:40 AM
the more I look at these posts I realize that nobody really replies to them. Wow,