PDA

View Full Version : 2011 5.0 coolant leak

T.C.
02-05-2018, 09:00 AM
Got some baffling news from my shop. Apparently there is a y connection that uses a quick connection and o-rings that is a known problem. Dealer told my shop that the connector is on backorder so all we could do is replace the o ring for a “bandaid” fix. After a few weeks of no leaking it’s back. So I would like to see if maybe I have a bad mechanic or miss diagnosed.

DWC (donewithchevy )
02-06-2018, 08:47 AM
Got some baffling news from my shop. Apparently there is a y connection that uses a quick connection and o-rings that is a known problem. Dealer told my shop that the connector is on backorder so all we could do is replace the o ring for a “bandaid” fix. After a few weeks of no leaking it’s back. So I would like to see if maybe I have a bad mechanic or miss diagnosed.

Not sure which leak you have . But the link I’ll post from another forum covers all of them . Read the entire thread . A little time consuming , but gives a good understanding of the known different coolant leaks and their fixes. I just re read it and am ordering the Pegasus parts fix off amazon fir the leak i think I may have or will most likely have in the future, since it seems the quick disconnect at the tank fails most often . It seems it’s the Pegasus kit for the quick disconnect fix out of the overflow and O-rings for the others . Lots of info in it so I would read through it before replacing any costly connectors or hoses that may just leak again . If the link doesn’t post or work just go to f150forum.com and look for 2011 5.0 coolant leak . This covers the 09-14 and maybe newer 5.0 or Eco boost ( same parts).

https://www.f150forum.com/f70/2011-5-0l-coolant-leak.../index3/