PDA

View Full Version : Clicking noise in dash

7mm
01-06-2018, 08:23 PM
Hello I have a 2013 f150 FX4. Recently my truck started to make a clicking noise in the dash. I did a bunch of research on the Internet and it said that my blend air door actuator is faulty. So today I removed my centre part of the dash, radio and LCD screen to access the actuator. Once I got to it I took it out and then turned on my key to see if it stoped, but there was still a clicking noise. I looked and looked to see if I could see another one but could not. It seams to be coming from the very bottom but can't figure it out. Is there anyone that has had this problem that could give me any ideas

Thanks
Kris

Mystify
01-06-2018, 08:27 PM
There is a few motors in there.. it could be the recirc door or the mode door (floor/dash/defrost vents). Blend door would have given you issues with the temperature.

You need to figure out which one doesn't change when you operate it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

7mm
01-06-2018, 08:35 PM
It does not seam to make any difference. The only time it seams to stop is when I turn to full cold. I switch it to the other settings and they seam to all still work.

----------

Do you know where the other ones are located?

T.C.
02-05-2018, 05:28 PM
It does not seam to make any difference. The only time it seams to stop is when I turn to full cold. I switch it to the other settings and they seam to all still work.

----------

Do you know where the other ones are located?

Above the gas pedal looking towards the center of the truck. Just had mine done.
https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180205/ce7761b27f8e5a826b4ca707fc38f834.jpg