PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Shudder?

Alaska12Driver
10-26-2017, 11:59 PM
My 80,000 mile 2010 F150 tranny shudders in the 1000-1100 rpm range under light load. Hoping someone could point me in the correct direction so I can fix the problem.

I am ass-uming it's the tranny. Judging by some oddities about the truck when I bought it(used) I am also presuming that the trans fluid has never been changed or flushed.

Once in a blue moon, also under light load such as coasting around a curve then hitting the accelerator, it will klunk hard in the downshift. Maybe the two related?

What about this no dipstick thing? Why? So I am forced to go to the dealer?

Any other items leading to shudder in the trans? Sensors?

Thanks much!

DontDriveAChevy
06-15-2018, 02:20 PM
Not changing the transmission fluid is just like not changing the engine oil. VERY BAD. Each costs thousands to fix or replace. Oil and transmission fluid is ALWAYS cheaper than a repair and replace. I would find a place that has a transmission flushing machine. It puts in the same amount that it takes out. You should get an extra 2 or 3 quarts on top of what it calls for so that you have extra in there to flush out the torque converter. Also I would check your motor mounts or transmission mounts. The rubber wears out and can cause vibration.

jason.hayes3
03-15-2020, 11:24 AM
My 80,000 mile 2010 F150 tranny shudders in the 1000-1100 rpm range under light load. Hoping someone could point me in the correct direction so I can fix the problem.

I am ass-uming it's the tranny. Judging by some oddities about the truck when I bought it(used) I am also presuming that the trans fluid has never been changed or flushed.

Once in a blue moon, also under light load such as coasting around a curve then hitting the accelerator, it will klunk hard in the downshift. Maybe the two related?

What about this no dipstick thing? Why? So I am forced to go to the dealer?

Any other items leading to shudder in the trans? Sensors?

Thanks much!I recently had this problem. It was solved by replacing the sparkplugs and coil packs

Sent from my SM-A705MN using Tapatalk