PDA

View Full Version : 2017 f150 5.0 exhaust

panflick
07-25-2017, 12:51 PM
It's the dreaded debate lol i'm torn between the Borla S type because I had it on my 14 GT and it sounded amazing I just don't know how it sounds in real life on the truck that basically has the same engine. Anyone have any experience with it for one they think sounds better with zero drone? Borla never had any drone on the mustang when I had it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

panflick
07-25-2017, 10:11 PM
Anyone?

cooperf150-06
07-27-2017, 01:58 PM
Only one I have heard was the borla attack and sounded to me one of the best for a 5.0

Bullet Tooth Tony
07-30-2017, 06:02 PM
I like Magnaflow exhaust myself over Borla. Borla has a real bad drone sound to me and pops a lot when you use the manual shift to down shift which i'm not fond of. Magnaflow has that real low deep tone and sound fantastic all through the RPM range. I'm looking to switch out my 11" single in - dual out flowmaster and put in the Magnaflow cat back before rear tire exhaust kit that has the dual in and out 11" muffler that has a built in x pipe inside the muffler.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

E462ko
10-14-2017, 07:39 AM
Interested too. I’ve heard very few complaints about Drone noise in Borlas

anaheim_drew
10-24-2017, 01:51 PM
IMO mufflers and sound are a personal choice.

I'm looking to switch out my 11" single in - dual out flowmaster and
put in the Magnaflow cat back before rear tire exhaust kit that has the dual in and out 11" muffler that has a built in x pipe inside the muffler.
Magnaflow does not make this kit for your truck. You have to have it custom built like all the rest of us did.

Flowmasters have tons of drone.