PDA

View Full Version : Code P0713

RhinoZ24
03-10-2017, 02:03 AM
Hey guys, long time no see.

So my truck (2005 Ford F-150, 4.6L 2V V8 ) just rolled over 88K today and on my 75 mile drive home in traffic I noticed it revved up high once between a shift from 2nd to 3rd. When I got to my girlfriends house and went to back up to park it hesitated in reverse before engaging. Left my girlfriends house later tonight and immediately was given a Trans Fault on my message center and the O/D light was flashing. Pulled the code on my Programmer and was given P0713. I know this is a fault with the Transmission Temp Sensor, however I'm confused. I always have my transmission temp displayed on my programmer and it was at the normal temp for my drive and was cool when I left my girlfriend's house and it threw the code, so it's not overheating. The fluid is at full level and is clean and not burned, no leaks either. Obviously I need to have it checked out at a Transmission shop but I want some more info first.

On the way home from my girlfriend's, going from a red light it was a hard start like the transmission had to engage, happened multiple times. Half way through my drive the O/D light went off and it shifted back into O/D. It hesitates to engage in reverse and then drive when parking.

Other signs I've noticed:
1.) A major decrease in fuel economy in the last few weeks, from about 19/20 highway to 14/15 highway, no change in driving speed or style.

2.) A moaning or howling while coasting from 65 to 40 mph

3.) A slight vibration in the pedal and some howling on acceleration from 45 mph and up which I originally thought was from my new tires I got a few weeks ago but now am uncertain.

I'm not sure if it's all related but does this sound like just a faulty sensor or is my transmission or torque converter about to take a dump?

Thanks for any help you guys can give and I'll keep you posted. I'll try and be back on here more if I find the time!