PDA

View Full Version : No Heater Fan and Trans no drive/over drive

bumble bee
01-06-2017, 07:50 PM
2001 f150 4.6 v-8,auto,. Ok I was at work today ( 21 degrees outside) sitting my truck moved it across the yard and the heater fan quit blowing, got out the owner's manual, cannot locate a fuse for the fan in the fuse section, so I am checking everything I can think of and notice that the over drive light on the gear shift is on, push the button no change, end of the day I get back into the truck and head home, OD light still on and trans won't shift into drive, no surprise with OD light on, I get to drive 60 miles at 40 mph lol, so my question is does ford use electric solenoids to shift their transmissions, if so where do I look and how do I decide which one is bad, or do I have another problem?? Thanks for any help

Jersey_Joe
01-06-2017, 10:04 PM
So. Again. Welcome.
Now. Maybe your blower motor took a crap. It happins. Is it blowing at all??
As for your light. You have a sensor out. Man I'll tell ya. I want to call it the overdrive sensor. But I can't for the life off me remember what it's called.

Lit up by F150leds.com
...and 5 Star tuned!!!

bumble bee
01-07-2017, 03:54 AM
I can agree with you on the heater blower, but why would both take a crap at the same time and no fuse labeled fan/blower,so I'm wondering if the blower took a crap, in the process did it take out something else, like the OD?? Will look into this further this morning in my shop, lol where there is heat. any more ideas guys and gals??

DWC (donewithchevy )
01-07-2017, 12:41 PM
Looks like climate control switch fuse is #5 fuse in the passenger kick panel box and the front blower is #105 in the power distribution box ( under hood ) . I'll try posting the link below to the forum and post thatc I found the diagram and fuse list for ya.

2001 F150 Fuse Box Diagram - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/923640-2001-f150-fuse-box-diagram.html)

bumble bee
01-07-2017, 07:35 PM
Thanks DWC, found one bad fuse # 3 inside, heater fan is good, found a loose ground connection on battery(fixed), still have O D lite flashing, retrained computer etc. after battery disconnect, all this happened as i drove over some dozer tracks, so some sharp bumps, now to figure out the O D< all fuses good, don't know about relays,

Jersey_Joe
01-08-2017, 08:26 PM
Hey bumble bee. I've sent u a pm. But if for some reason you didn't get it. Check fuse F23. That should b it. Is it throwing a code?? If it goes again. Maybe check your 02 sensor. Check the wiring too. It can have its fair share of heat damage as well. Good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bumble bee
01-14-2017, 07:39 AM
Thanks, Jersey_Joe, I have just seen a post on another site that stated that the "O-2" sensor could cause it to do this, gotta love the epa, am old and not a electrician so if it's not mechanical I can get lost in a hurry, electric controls leave me puzzled, lol Thanks again