PDA

View Full Version : 99 F-150 Lariat 5.4 skipping

03spectre
12-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Hey guys, my F-150 started skipping/missing on the way home from work tonight. I just had the spark plugs replaced earlier this year. I put all new MSD coil packs on it probably @ 8 years ago. Would you think that the MSD's have gone bad already? I thought they were supposed to be top quality coils.....
My truck has 240k miles on it and I'm thinking seriously about dropping a new engine in it. Any suggestions where to get a new or remanufactured 5.4 crate engine? Would a Ford dealership be the best option for an engine?
I would appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks!

Jersey_Joe
12-08-2016, 08:22 AM
Hey guys, my F-150 started skipping/missing on the way home from work tonight. I just had the spark plugs replaced earlier this year. I put all new MSD coil packs on it probably @ 8 years ago. Would you think that the MSD's have gone bad already? I thought they were supposed to be top quality coils..... My truck has 240k miles on it and I'm thinking seriously about dropping a new engine in it. Any suggestions where to get a new or remanufactured 5.4 crate engine? Would a Ford dealership be the best option for an engine? I would appreciate any and all feedback. Thanks! Hey bud. Welcome to the forum. Tbh. All those coils stink. I ran threw them all in my 03'. They could go in 2 weeks. Crap shoot IMO But 8years seems like a good run. You've had some luck. But check the code it should b throwing by now to narrow down your search and just replace them as they go.
I would try to find a place in your area that has remanufactured a long block and go from there. Or you could go through ford. Then u can have them service it anywhere. Anytime and it's on them. Good luck

lit up by F150leds.com & 5Star tuned....

03spectre
12-08-2016, 08:12 PM
Hey thanks! I'm glad to be here! I really appreciate the information. I'll check the codes and see what I got going on. What brand of coils do you have on your truck now?
Have you ever had to replace the IAC valve on your F-150?

Jersey_Joe
12-10-2016, 06:52 AM
Hey thanks! I'm glad to be here! I really appreciate the information. I'll check the codes and see what I got going on. What brand of coils do you have on your truck now? Have you ever had to replace the IAC valve on your F-150?
Motorcraft!!!

lit up by F150leds.com & 5Star tuned....