PDA

View Full Version : Bare roof sport racks

Chief57
07-09-2016, 05:43 PM
I just bought my friend's 2007 Supercrew, and I'd like to know what most owners do for roof racks. I hope to get a canoe and/or kayak, so that's what is driving this question. I really hate the idea of spending $500 for a Thule brand rack. And I don't want to put a ladder rack above the bed. So, what works well for a "bare roof" crew cab F-150? Thanks. Chief

Jersey_Joe
07-09-2016, 09:12 PM
I just bought my friend's 2007 Supercrew, and I'd like to know what most owners do for roof racks. I hope to get a canoe and/or kayak, so that's what is driving this question. I really hate the idea of spending $500 for a Thule brand rack. And I don't want to put a ladder rack above the bed. So, what works well for a "bare roof" crew cab F-150? Thanks. Chief hey chief. Welcome to the forum. Have u looked at safari racks??

lit up by F150leds.com & 5Star tuned....

Chief57
07-10-2016, 11:15 AM
hey chief. Welcome to the forum. Have u looked at safari racks??

lit up by F150leds.com & 5Star tuned....

Not sure I'm understanding you about safari racks. What about them? I'm interested in the two parallel bars that run across the roof -- the basic foundation for adding baskets and carriers. As you know from being an F-150 owner, right now all I've got up there is a metal roof.....no bars, no rails.

One other thing....I should mention that I'm not really interested in a solution that requires me to run straps through the passenger compartment to cynch down the racks. I'm more looking for something that uses the rain channel and/or the door opening.