PDA

View Full Version : 2015 EcoBoost 4x4 won't shift into park

AlbertaOilPatchF150
05-23-2016, 10:23 PM
Hey all. Been working and driving through major mud last few days. Today when I drove back to camp she won't go into park. Don't wanna break the cable or anything by forcing it. Can't see sh!t under there for all the mud. Where do I look for the shift linkage? Gonna try to get under there with wash wand in am to blast as much mud out as I can but want to make sure I'm aiming in the right place.

Btw that flimsy plastic "skid plate" is hanging about 8" below tranny because it's so full of mud. What a joke that is.

anaheim_drew
05-23-2016, 10:30 PM
Try this link
Truck wont shift into park. Help ASAP - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans (http://www.f150forum.com/f38/truck-wont-shift-into-park-help-asap-180059/)

AlbertaOilPatchF150
05-24-2016, 08:56 AM
^^^^Thanks Drew!

Crawled under it in the mud this morning and chipped away some of the mud on the driver's side of the tranny with a screwdriver and got it to shift into park. talked to dealership and they will look at it thursday morning, since i'm finally going home tomorrow. Passenger side rear brake caliper siezed too, pad totally gone, rotor will likely be NFG by the time i get there. They are also going to remove the bullsh!t plastic "skid plate" from under transmission, it's doing more harm than good anyway. Time to start shopping for aftermarket aluminum skid plates and a full 4" or 6" suspension lift. Oh well, its only money (that i don't have yet) lol. And I've learned that i probably should try to wash under there at least every 2nd day when its super muddy so it doesnt build up so much and get baked on by the heat from the exhaust and tranny combined. Have a great day y'all...

cooperf150-06
05-24-2016, 09:06 AM
Glad to hear u r getting to head home.

AlbertaOilPatchF150
05-24-2016, 09:14 AM
Me too!!! Thanks Cooper!

Grabber70Mach
05-24-2016, 09:43 AM
Glad to see your going to get home to see the family. I've heard a lot of people say these are really nice:
F150 2015 | Crown Offroad (http://crownoffroad.com/product-category/protection/f150-2015/)

Ford Fan#1
05-24-2016, 09:50 AM
^^^^Thanks Drew! Crawled under it in the mud this morning and chipped away some of the mud on the driver's side of the tranny with a screwdriver and got it to shift into park. talked to dealership and they will look at it thursday morning, since i'm finally going home tomorrow. Passenger side rear brake caliper siezed too, pad totally gone, rotor will likely be NFG by the time i get there. They are also going to remove the bullsh!t plastic "skid plate" from under transmission, it's doing more harm than good anyway. Time to start shopping for aftermarket aluminum skid plates and a full 4" or 6" suspension lift. Oh well, its only money (that i don't have yet) lol. And I've learned that i probably should try to wash under there at least every 2nd day when its super muddy so it doesnt build up so much and get baked on by the heat from the exhaust and tranny combined. Have a great day y'all... I've heard that a company makes steel skid plates for the 2015's. I don't remember what the brand is though.

AlbertaOilPatchF150
06-02-2016, 07:42 AM
Glad to see your going to get home to see the family. I've heard a lot of people say these are really nice:
F150 2015 | Crown Offroad (http://crownoffroad.com/product-category/protection/f150-2015/)

Yeah, from what I've heard and seen, RCI has about the best there is on the market, thanks!

Oh, and BTW for those who might care but don't know yet, the "skid plates" on these 2015+ trucks aren't even plastic, they are more like cardboard. And when they get super saturated with water or mud they warp and twist and sag terribly. Not what you'd expect to find on a truck with this big of a price tag for sure.

Had to replace right rear rotor, machine left rear rotor, rear pads and because it was caused by the muddy conditions, Ford wouldn't cover any of it under warranty, so I'm out $550 CDN and I'm not really happy about it. Dealership told me that it has become a known problem for these trucks in heavy mud conditions - several oil company operator trucks have had the exact same problem - and they have no idea how to prevent it from happening. All they could say is try to wash out the brakes and rims as often as possible when you're working in mud all the time. Yeah, there's a car wash behind every 3rd or 4th tree up here in the bush :mad: Hope the truck designers figure out something better soon, or maybe they should just stop building trucks with 4 wheel drive, then people won't take them to work or play in the mud and destroy a set of brakes after 6000 miles. If i wasn't going to take a huge loss to do it, I'd seriously consider trading this thing off on a SuperDuty. I am really not impressed by this issue.