PDA

View Full Version : 2004 f-150 5.4 FX4

tomsha1
03-31-2016, 06:01 AM
My truck recently started shaking in the rear end. Doesn't seem to matter what speed or if I'm breaking or accelerating. And it does it randomly. I had my tires rotated and balanced (didn't help) and I checked the driveline for any play. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the rear diff, the axel bearings or the abs sensor. Anyone have an idea?

Jersey_Joe
03-31-2016, 07:02 AM
My truck recently started shaking in the rear end. Doesn't seem to matter what speed or if I'm breaking or accelerating. And it does it randomly. I had my tires rotated and balanced (didn't help) and I checked the driveline for any play. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the rear diff, the axel bearings or the abs sensor. Anyone have an idea?
Is it shaking really bad? Obnoxiously?

5Star tuned.....

----------

Welcome to the forum btw. No need to post the same post in other categories. We'll find ya lol

5Star tuned.....

cooperf150-06
03-31-2016, 07:29 AM
Welcome and good luck with the issue

BFEB
03-31-2016, 07:50 AM
My truck recently started shaking in the rear end. Doesn't seem to matter what speed or if I'm breaking or accelerating. And it does it randomly. I had my tires rotated and balanced (didn't help) and I checked the driveline for any play. I'm wondering if it's something to do with the rear diff, the axel bearings or the abs sensor. Anyone have an idea? Have you used your e-brake lately? It may be stuck. Just a thought.

tomsha1
03-31-2016, 07:51 AM
Ok, yeah bad enough to pull over multiple times on my drive home from work. I don't know how to rate the shake. The truck has 130k miles and it's been a great truck so far. I've taken good care of it.

cooperf150-06
03-31-2016, 08:16 AM
U have wheel spacers on it??? R the lugs all tight. Sometimes it could be the simplest things that cause the biggest problems

Jersey_Joe
03-31-2016, 10:12 AM
U have wheel spacers on it??? R the lugs all tight. Sometimes it could be the simplest things that cause the biggest problems
X2^^^ I'm gonna say if your axle was bent. It would b apparent the entire time. And it would prob ably make your dash board shake like all he// is breaking loose.

5Star tuned.....

tomsha1
03-31-2016, 10:35 PM
No spacers, lugs are tight, no bent axel. It seems like it only does it after I take it out of cruise control. I have a feeling it's something to do with my diff or my abs sensor(I had the wire redone a few years back because my exhaust melted it and my abs light was on)