PDA

View Full Version : Track key for the F150 5.0

Bullet Tooth Tony
03-12-2016, 12:18 PM
Hey everybody, I have a question here and wanted to know if they have attempted to get the Ford Racing Track Key done. I found out that it might be possible to get it for my truck and your local dealer who Ford Racing certified can put performance programming and sync a red key to the ECU. So when you use the red key it unlocks the tune and you can add in the ghost cam feature. It's about $800 out the door.

Jersey_Joe
03-12-2016, 09:02 PM
Hey everybody, I have a question here and wanted to know if they have attempted to get the Ford Racing Track Key done. I found out that it might be possible to get it for my truck and your local dealer who Ford Racing certified can put performance programming and sync a red key to the ECU. So when you use the red key it unlocks the tune and you can add in the ghost cam feature. It's about $800 out the door.
What u speak of is true. I know a certain somebody that had a little thing with some r&d with that lol.

5Star tuned.....

----------

U put them lightning wheels in your truck?

5Star tuned.....

Bullet Tooth Tony
03-13-2016, 12:02 AM
Not yet, the guy hasn't called or emailed back yet. So I'm waiting to see what the verdict is on that. I was curious about the track key, if it turns a boss mustang into fire breathing pavement pounder. I would love to see the truck do the same thing. I rode in a 2013 cobra that had the track key, and all I can say is "HOLY CRAP!!!!!" That was a totally different car with the red key.

2Canches
03-13-2016, 07:28 AM
My track key is always on. LET 91 tune

Sent from my iPad Air using The app

Jersey_Joe
03-13-2016, 08:06 AM
Not yet, the guy hasn't called or emailed back yet. So I'm waiting to see what the verdict is on that. I was curious about the track key, if it turns a boss mustang into fire breathing pavement pounder. I would love to see the truck do the same thing. I rode in a 2013 cobra that had the track key, and all I can say is "HOLY CRAP!!!!!" That was a totally different car with the red key.
There is a million ways u can do it lol. But track key is pretty cool. Good luck dude

5Star tuned.....

Bullet Tooth Tony
03-13-2016, 05:14 PM
Thanks, I didn't know if anyone has attempted it and what was the final numbers they got.

Bullet Tooth Tony
05-02-2016, 06:34 AM
Well, I have good news and not so good news. I was doing some digging and found out JLP (Johnny Lightning Performance) does the ghost cam tune for $75. There is a catch, he is the only one who does the ghost cam tune for the coyotes. If you don't have a tuner, you will need to get the SCT X4 which is $399, then you need to buy a base Tune for $200 in order to get Ghost Tune. So right around the same price as the track key

Jersey_Joe
05-03-2016, 08:07 AM
That's awesome. Jonny is bad @$$. I'm not sure if he still is. But he had the fastest 2nd gen lightning in the world for a long time.

lit up by F150leds.com & 5Star tuned....

Jersey_Joe
05-03-2016, 11:20 AM

This was the truck I was speaking of. BMF! He has a few actually. But this was the world record holder Paint job was sic. Looked like it was on fire. His orange truck was pretty ba too.

Jersey_Joe
05-03-2016, 11:21 AM

I fly his banner too!!

Bullet Tooth Tony
05-03-2016, 07:54 PM
This is what the tune sounds like
https://youtu.be/h9HutrrUL28