PDA

View Full Version : Rain sensor

bigriverchillin
03-03-2016, 06:52 AM
I have a 2010 f150 lariat. Any time my windshield gets wet, the wipers come on full blast as well as the washer fluid sprayers, to the point it will empty the full reservoir in under 5 minutes. This occurs with the multi switch in the off position. The only information I can find for the fuze is for location 43. I pulled it and it still occurs. Please help.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jersey_Joe
03-03-2016, 08:07 AM
I have a 2010 f150 lariat. Any time my windshield gets wet, the wipers come on full blast as well as the washer fluid sprayers, to the point it will empty the full reservoir in under 5 minutes. This occurs with the multi switch in the off position. The only information I can find for the fuze is for location 43. I pulled it and it still occurs. Please help. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Wow. That stinks. Ive never heard of that prob. Can u duplicate the prob? I would see if ford has had any tsb's in that

5Star tuned.....

bigriverchillin
03-03-2016, 12:22 PM
I can duplicate it every time I go through a car wash

Jersey_Joe
03-03-2016, 05:32 PM
I can duplicate it every time I go through a car wash Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk lol

5Star tuned.....

RhinoZ24
03-04-2016, 09:52 PM
I have a 2010 f150 lariat. Any time my windshield gets wet, the wipers come on full blast as well as the washer fluid sprayers, to the point it will empty the full reservoir in under 5 minutes. This occurs with the multi switch in the off position. The only information I can find for the fuze is for location 43. I pulled it and it still occurs. Please help.

If you pulled the fuse and the wipers are still getting power, it's the wrong fuse. No fuse means no complete circuit, which means unless your truck is possessed than no power should get there. Try googling the fuse diagram for your truck and see if you can find the right one. I wasn't aware that the 2010's had a rain sensor to initiate the wipers, if they do then try replacing said sensor since that's the only thing in my mind that would make sense as to why they activate when water touches your windshield.