PDA

View Full Version : Suspension helpers

wernotalone2k25
02-23-2016, 09:51 AM
Recently installed some suspension helpers for those heavy loads, and it's a smooth ride now. But going down a rough road with pot holes I hear a popping sound. I was thinking about attaching the top part to the chassis, currently attached to the axle! (attached to the axle and attached to the chassis) would this work? The wet spots are WD40 and the black object is my exhaust axle dump! Thanks in advance

Jersey_Joe
02-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Recently installed some suspension helpers for those heavy loads, and it's a smooth ride now. But going down a rough road with pot holes I hear a popping sound. I was thinking about attaching the top part to the chassis, currently attached to the axle! (attached to the axle and attached to the chassis) would this work? The wet spots are WD40 and the black object is my exhaust axle dump! Thanks in advance
Did u install helper springs?

5Star tuned.....

----------

U put a coil over on your rear suspension?

5Star tuned.....

----------

Do u have hole shot problems? Lol

5Star tuned.....

wernotalone2k25
02-23-2016, 10:05 AM
Did u install helper springs? 5Star tuned..... ---------- U put a coil over on your rear suspension? 5Star tuned.....

I installed spring helpers, I still have the stock leafs and stock piston suspension. I wish I had coil overs

Ford Fan#1
02-23-2016, 10:10 AM
I installed spring helpers, I still have the stock leafs and stock piston suspension. I wish I had coil overs what kind of condition are the leaf springs in?

wernotalone2k25
02-23-2016, 10:16 AM
Great condition, I know what the noise is, the diagram should help

wernotalone2k25
02-23-2016, 10:19 AM
Because the top part of the suspension helpers is on the overload and that popping sound is it popping off, so I was going to attach the top part to the frame and hopefully that would resolve the issue!

Jersey_Joe
02-23-2016, 11:55 AM
Because the top part of the suspension helpers is on the overload and that popping sound is it popping off, so I was going to attach the top part to the frame and hopefully that would resolve the issue!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUuq5_cMKRo&autoplay=1
Had these on my 03'. I took them off in between hauls. They put the rear up a little higher than I like and screwed up the caster camber in my front end if I left em on. But they worked great with a truck full of wood. Or pullin the car trailer. Big difference. This truck. I'll do bags. No noise. And smoooooth ride. While the product is installed.

5Star tuned.....

----------

Do u like them?

5Star tuned.....

wernotalone2k25
02-23-2016, 12:05 PM
Yes

Jersey_Joe
02-23-2016, 12:07 PM
Cool. Hopefully the creak wears in

5Star tuned.....

wernotalone2k25
02-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Cool. Hopefully the creak wears in 5Star tuned.....

https://youtu.be/jHWo0O3q4HM

Here's a video! Let me know if I should attach the top to the chassis?!

Sent from my iPhone using F150 App