PDA

View Full Version : Vibration when pulling out

Ridgerunner
02-21-2016, 02:19 PM
I've got a 4.6 2WD SuperCrew (everything stock). Started to notice when I pull out from a stop that I have a shutter or vibration from the rear. Once I get going, no more problem.
I'm wondering if the differential is where I should start or would this be a transmission issue? Anyone else experience this. It's not very bad, but noticeable and probably getting worse.

Jersey_Joe
02-21-2016, 04:37 PM
Grease your u joints. Start there

5Star tuned.....

FX4Life
02-21-2016, 08:45 PM
The title of this thread reminds me of a girl I used to know

----------

I've got a 4.6 2WD SuperCrew (everything stock). Started to notice when I pull out from a stop that I have a shutter or vibration from the rear. Once I get going, no more problem.
I'm wondering if the differential is where I should start or would this be a transmission issue? Anyone else experience this. It's not very bad, but noticeable and probably getting worse.
Do you have a two piece driveshaft?

cooperf150-06
02-21-2016, 08:47 PM
Lmao

Jersey_Joe
02-21-2016, 09:11 PM
The title of this thread reminds me of a girl I used to know ---------- Do you have a two piece driveshaft?
I also giggled when I read the name of the thread lol

5Star tuned.....

Ford Fan#1
02-21-2016, 10:59 PM
Is it while turning?.. If so. Drain rear differential fluid. But first. What does your door jam sticker say under axial? If it has 2 numbers under it then it's a open differential. If it has a letter then a number then it's a limited slip. If it ha a letter then number. Replace the fluid and use the friction modifier from ford only. The fluid might have some already mixed in. But that is not enough.

----------

The title of this thread reminds me of a girl I used to know I laughed too.