PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issue help please

fballman9
02-02-2016, 11:47 AM
I went to wire a relay to power some accessories from the switched power behind the stereo. At first I wired it in parallel and I hooked up the battery and it was just shorting it out. Then I wired it in series and everything turns on when the car is switched to accessories but once I try and turn the truck on I only hear one click and then everything goes haywire all of the gauges shake and everything else turns off.this won't stop until I unplug the battery. I have a 2005 f150

RhinoZ24
02-02-2016, 03:55 PM
Undo everything you did in messing with the wiring and hook it back up. Hopefully this will fix your issue. If it does, I would recommend having a shop install your accessories after that.

Papa_J
02-07-2016, 08:26 PM
Always best to power accessories from the fuse box. You can find a empty space in a section powered when the key is on. Cracking into the existing harness is never a good idea unless you really know what you are getting into. And this is from experience. I tried what you did, and cooked several components and had to replace the entire center control panel, including the AC controls. Live and learn.

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk