PDA

View Full Version : 2015 Lariat Leather Seat Problems

rhasler71
02-02-2016, 11:08 AM
I wanted to report this and see if anyone else has this same issue. I have a 2015 Lariat super crew FX4 luxury package I bought brand new this past October and it only has 3300 miles on it. My drivers seat and passenger seat both have started "puckering" and even the back seat has as well (even though I have had almost no passengers in the back seat, less than 10 hours of someone sitting there).

My local dealer Encinitas Ford said they have seen a "bulletin" on the driver seat only and have ordered replacement covers and pads. My gripe is it all has to match and either that was a bad batch of leather, or they just use crappy leather. Either way I'm going for a total replacement-I spent $62K on a truck, sorry but "puckering" leather in the first 4 months is unacceptable! Has anyone else had this issue?? I'll post the photos

Tell me your thoughts please!

Ford Fan#1
02-02-2016, 11:49 AM
I wanted to report this and see if anyone else has this same issue. I have a 2015 Lariat super crew FX4 luxury package I bought brand new this past October and it only has 3300 miles on it. My drivers seat and passenger seat both have started "puckering" and even the back seat has as well (even though I have had almost no passengers in the back seat, less than 10 hours of someone sitting there). My local dealer Encinitas Ford said they have seen a "bulletin" on the driver seat only and have ordered replacement covers and pads. My gripe is it all has to match and either that was a bad batch of leather, or they just use crappy leather. Either way I'm going for a total replacement-I spent $62K on a truck, sorry but "puckering" leather in the first 4 months is unacceptable! Has anyone else had this issue?? I'll post the photos Tell me your thoughts please! that's "normal" but I personally do t think it is acceptable. But if it was a platinum or King Ranch I would see why it would be loose. For the massaging seats. But the Lariats don't have that. So it just looks like crap and has no reasoning.

rhasler71
02-02-2016, 02:18 PM
I agree- it's ridiculous that they are saying they will only replace the driver seat for now and that I will have to make a huge stink to get the others replaced. Ridiculous. I've already wasted enough time with this one having to bring the car in 2 times for the evaluation, now another for when the part comes in, and then after I force them to replace them all, it's going to be another appt. each time minimum 4 hours my truck is there - super inconvenient.

Ragnar
02-02-2016, 05:50 PM
If they wanted a huge stink, I would be glad to oblige them. I wouldn't accept their "driver's seat only" line of shiite. They would be replacing EVERY seat cover, and if it happens again, they would do it again until it didn't. I can guarantee they wouldn't sell another truck out of their lot until they did. That is just crap, and if they (Ford) don't stand behind their product, I would make sure as many people as possible hear about it and see it. If they are going to charge as much as they do for their trucks, I know mine would be absolutely perfect, and I would be a HUGE pain in their ass until it was.

But try some sugar first. Give them a chance to do the right thing, and if they don't, raise Hell.

rhasler71
02-03-2016, 05:16 PM
I like your style Ragnar-- even the service tech was saying "I get it if I was in your shoes I'd demand it". Like you said I'm going to try the "sugar" and go with it this way and then unleash the beast!!