PDA

View Full Version : Push bar/Bull bar on 2WD ; 4X2 install

Ridgerunner
01-28-2016, 09:35 PM
Has anyone put a push bar on a 2wd F150?
I've got one with no instructions and can't find any video or how-to guides.
Thanks

Mine is 4x2, so it doesn't bolt to the front tow hook like a 4x4.

RhinoZ24
01-29-2016, 12:50 AM
What brand/model is the bull-bar? And back when I thought about adding one to my truck most of the options required tow hook removal (if they were on your truck to begin with) as the bull bar mounted on the frame in the existing tow hook holes. Even with your 2WD you will have pre-drilled holes in the frame for tow hooks and it should mount up to those.

Ford Fan#1
01-29-2016, 06:56 AM
What brand/model is the bull-bar? And back when I thought about adding one to my truck most of the options required tow hook removal (if they were on your truck to begin with) as the bull bar mounted on the frame in the existing tow hook holes. Even with your 2WD you will have pre-drilled holes in the frame for tow hooks and it should mount up to those. unless it's a 2wd 10th gen. I don't think they have tow hook holes.

RhinoZ24
01-29-2016, 10:58 AM
Maybe they changed that in the 11th gen like mine but now-a-days all frames are made the same, only thing that differs is size for the different cab/bed combos. Other than that they all get the same holes drilled as the truck could be 2wd or 4x4, tow package or no trailer hitch, running boards or not. All holes are drilled now so the frame can go to whatever truck and also for aftermarket modding made easy.

Ridgerunner
02-01-2016, 12:31 PM
Ah, figured it out. The 10 gen 2WD has the holes cut in the sides of the frame. Two holes such that your bolts are parallel to the ground. (Not like the front tow hook style) The bracket fits on the outside of the frame. (found that out the hard way after cutting an extra hole in the valance.:rolleyes:) It is about an hour job and can be easily done with one man. The bar came from Hunter Premium Truck Accessories. It did the job but not the best quality I've seen on the bracket welds. I put some extra paint over them to make sure they were sealed. It seems solid and looks decent for the price (a little over $100) Now for some lights. I have two brackets set at 17 1/2 inches apart (bolt to bolt). Maybe I can find an adjustable LED light bar, or I may go with two 5" rounds.http://www.f150nation.com/members/ridgerunner/albums/ridgerunner/10255-new-bull-bar/

----------

----------

Picture won't attach but check out my album to see how it looks.

RhinoZ24
02-01-2016, 11:16 PM
Awesome glad you figured it out and looks great!